can't get sysex to work

  • nycthinker
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 24, 2002
      Hi,
      I just got the Control Freak Live and I've downloaded some
      profiles from the Kenton site. I'm trying to transfer the JV-2080
      program into my unit and I can't get it to work properly. Is it
      because these profiles are for the Control Freak SE? Is it a
      global setting? Am I supposed to be in a special mode for this?
      Any ideas would be appreciated.
    • Raj
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 24, 2002
        hi

        I think its very quiet in here...

        anyways

        have you tried using the virtual freak software. Its very simple to use.

        i believe that the profiles for the SE and Live are the same as its just
        midi data regardless of physical knob or fader.

        Does the program actually show up on your unit?

        > I just got the Control Freak Live and I've downloaded some
        > profiles from the Kenton site. I'm trying to transfer the JV-2080
        > program into my unit and I can't get it to work properly. Is it
        > because these profiles are for the Control Freak SE? Is it a
        > global setting? Am I supposed to be in a special mode for this?
        > Any ideas would be appreciated.

        http://uk.my.yahoo.com
      • nycthinker
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 24, 2002
          > have you tried using the virtual freak software. Its very simple to
          use.

          I'm using a Mac and I think the software is only for PC users
          (right?)

          > i believe that the profiles for the SE and Live are the same as
          its just
          > midi data regardless of physical knob or fader.
          >
          > Does the program actually show up on your unit?

          No, the program doesn't show up. I see the MIDI light go on
          when I hit play on the sequencer, but I don't think anything is
          retained in the CF unit.