CF AS STEP SEQUENCER?

  • somethingkillingyou
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 2, 2010
      Hi,

      I have this crazy idea to program the control freak to act as an analog style step sequencer... is it possible?

      as the cf sends out midi clock, is there a way to automatize button presses in sync with the midi clock?

      buttons 1-8 (1-16) could be the steps (setting step on/off for each number) and sliders (knobs) 1-8 (1-16) could be used to choose the note for each single step...

      anyway I don't know how to 'force' the control freak to output those notes/steps together with the midi clock signal... maybe a 'function key' can be programmed to 'scan' a program sending button/sliders value one after another in a row?

      please help!

      greetings

      Fabio

      p.s.
      another possible application could be a midi gate effect using different velocity values for each step, but there may be many others possible applications, if that button/slider clock sync is possible...