How do people use their freaks?

  • ronfromkwon
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 2, 2005
      Hi folks,
      It is a little quiet here!

      I bought a s/h freak se partly because I have a kawai 5000W and I
      needed some controllers for that, and because I like to have physical
      controllers to play with.

      I got it for live work - one patch has programmed 9 sliders to be the
      drawbars for a hammond patch (with buttons to control rotary fx, click,
      percussions etc), and I've used it to control levels on various midi
      channels to balance keyboard layers.

      Thought of programming it up to control my DAW (currently still on
      Cakewalk 9) - but no success yet.

      How do *you* use your freak?

      Ron.
    • synth_ollie
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 5, 2005
        I´m gonna use mine to convert cv/gate information
        from an analog synth into midi note data
        Have not tried yet though, but imformation in the manual
        says that it´s possible....

        /OLLIE