Re: Body Language During Job Interviews

  • Jim Elliott
    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 4, 2005
      --- In contrarianlibrarian@yahoogroups.com, Pralhad Jadhav
      <pralhadsha@y...> wrote:

      > Body Language During Job Interviews
      >
      > > 5.Standing before you with hands on hips - means he is receptive
      and ready to help you out.

      Receptive? I thought that this was an agressive stance? That someone
      is ready to counter-attack?

      > 8.With the palm of the hand holding or supporting chin - means he
      is in an evaluating position and being critical.

      Or hasn't had enough coffee that morning.

      > 10.Rubbing or touching nose when asking a question - means he is
      not telling the complete truth.

      Unless he has a cold???

      > 11.Rubbing or touching nose when answering a question - means he is
      not telling the complete truth.

      Unless he has a cold???

      > 12.Rubbing the back of head or rubbing or touching the back of
      neck - means the conversation is not really interesting.

      Or he didn't stay in a Holiday Inn Select the night before.

    • grant inaba
      Message 2 of 11 , Nov 5, 2005
        hmmm.
        in japanese culture rubbing the back of your neck means you're
        embarrassed...

        On 11/4/05, Jim Elliott <referencegcpl@...> wrote:

        > --- In contrarianlibrarian@yahoogroups.com, Pralhad Jadhav
        > <pralhadsha@y...> wrote:
        > >
        > > Body Language During Job Interviews
        > >
        > > > 5.Standing before you with hands on hips - means he is receptive
        > and ready to help you out.
        >

        > Receptive? I thought that this was an agressive stance? That someone
        > is ready to counter-attack?
        > >

        > > 8.With the palm of the hand holding or supporting chin - means he
        > is in an evaluating position and being critical.
        >
        > Or hasn't had enough coffee that morning.
        >

        > > 10.Rubbing or touching nose when asking a question - means he is
        > not telling the complete truth.
        > >

        > Unless he has a cold???
        > >

        > > 11.Rubbing or touching nose when answering a question - means he is
        > not telling the complete truth.
        >
        > Unless he has a cold???
        > >

        > > 12.Rubbing the back of head or rubbing or touching the back of
        > neck - means the conversation is not really interesting.
        >
        > Or he didn't stay in a Holiday Inn Select the night before.

      • Xavier Bullwinkle
        Message 3 of 11 , Nov 5, 2005
          --- In contrarianlibrarian@yahoogroups.com, "Jim Elliott"
          <referencegcpl@y...> wrote:

          > --- In contrarianlibrarian@yahoogroups.com, Pralhad Jadhav
          > <pralhadsha@y...> wrote:
          > >
          > > Body Language During Job Interviews
          > >
          > > 5.Standing before you with hands on hips - means he is
          > > receptive and ready to help you out.

          > Receptive? I thought that this was an agressive stance? That
          > someone is ready to counter-attack?

          or he's doing his impression of Superman

          > > 8.With the palm of the hand holding or supporting chin - means
          he
          > is in an evaluating position and being critical.
          >
          > Or hasn't had enough coffee that morning.

          or trying to keep his mouth from dropping open in amazement at your
          incredibly bad answers

          > > 10.Rubbing or touching nose when asking a question - means he is
          > not telling the complete truth.
          > >

          > Unless he has a cold???

          or a serious coke habit

          > > 12.Rubbing the back of head or rubbing or touching the back of
          > neck - means the conversation is not really interesting.
          >
          > Or he didn't stay in a Holiday Inn Select the night before.

          or was just hit in the back of the head by a thrown baseball
        • Jim Elliott
          Message 4 of 11 , Nov 7, 2005
            --- In contrarianlibrarian@yahoogroups.com, "Xavier Bullwinkle"
            <xward7@y...> wrote:

            > he
            > > is in an evaluating position and being critical.
            > >
            > > Or hasn't had enough coffee that morning.
            > >

            > or trying to keep his mouth from dropping open in amazement at your
            > incredibly bad answers

            Or just learned what the REAL starting salary is going to be.