U of PA internship.
Information Consultant Internship
Availability: Currently hiring for one position to begin March 1st,
Hours: 20 hours/week. Some late night and weekend hours required.
Salary: $15/hour, paid sick and vacation time.
Reporting to the Director of the Information Commons, Information
Consultants handle patron questions, provide guidance on policies and
procedures of the Commons, manage room scheduling needs and assist
patrons in accessing academic support services.
Click here to view the Weigle Information Commons website:
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Serve as the initial point of contact for all visitors to the
* Answer directional and general reference questions
* Assist patrons in using Commons services and equipment
* Refer students to appropriate academic support services
* Assist patrons in following the policies and procedures of the
Commons, especially with regards to group study room reservations
* Assist instructors and faculty with educational technology in the
Commons Seminar Room
* Provide overview of Commons services, technology, and programs to
members of the Penn Community and visitors
* Schedule rooms and appointments for Commons staff and program
* Handle signage and questions relating to course sessions,
workshops and special events hosted by the Commons
* Provide learning and research assistance to students
* Track and communicate with Library staff about equipment and
* Work with the Director to develop online and print documentation
* Special projects related to the operation of the Commons, as
* Strong public services orientation
* Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills
* Attention to detail and the ability to juggle multiple tasks
* Familiarity with word processing, spreadsheet and searching
software applications required. Candidates should be comfortable
with and enthusiastic about educational technologies.
* Enrollment in a graduate degree program in library or information
science or related field is required. Previous experience in an
academic setting preferred; previous experience in an academic
library or in providing academic support services highly desirable.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to the attention of:
Please write "WIC Internship" in the subject line.
For a list of all internship openings at the University of Pennsylvania
Libraries, see: http://www.library.upenn.edu/employment/internships/
Library Human Resources
phone: (215) 898-3226
Van Pelt Library
3420 Walnut St
Philadelphia, PA 19104-6206
Bruce A. Wilson, M.Ed., M.S.L.S., C.A.S.
Reference Librarian, W.Va. State Law Library
304-558-2607 (direct dial: 304-340-3980)
The bicycle is the most civilized conveyance known to man. Other forms
of transport grow daily more nightmarish. Only the bicycle remains pure
in heart. ~Iris Murdoch, The Red and the Green
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]