FW: Chronicle search agent: Religious organizations

  • Bruce Wilson
    Message 1 of 30 , Oct 1, 2007
      -----Original Message-----
      From: Bruce Alan Wilson [mailto:bawilson@...]
      Sent: Sunday, September 30, 2007 7:18 PM
      To: brucewilson@...
      Subject: FW: Chronicle search agent: Religious organizations

      -----Original Message-----
      From: Job_Alert_Do_Not_Reply@...
      [mailto:Job_Alert_Do_Not_Reply@...]
      Sent: Saturday, September 29, 2007 3:49 AM
      To: BAWILSON@...

      The Chronicle of Higher Education
      e-mail job-alert service

      Dear Chronicle reader,

      Your job search agent, Religious organizations, found 1 new listing To see
      all
      matching jobs, visit us on the web at this address:
      http://chronicle.com/cgi2-bin/texis/jobs/search?id=38110124

      Sign up now for your free Chronicle Careers account

      Now you can customize your entire job search with Chronicle Careers. Search
      thousands of job listings, create multiple CV's and resumes, compose
      personalized cover letters, and then apply for jobs directly online.

      To learn more about the benefits of our customized services, and to sign up
      for
      your free Chronicle Careers account, visit
      http://ChronicleCareers.com/home?ja6

      * WD Treasurer/Associate Treasurer GBGM
      General Board of Global Ministries (New York)
      (date posted: 9/28/2007)
      http://chronicle.com/jobs/id.php?id=0000525806-01&pg=e

      Recent career news & advice:

      * It was only after leaving academe that a historian learned
      how to use, interpret, and preserve historical artifacts.
      --> SEE http://chronicle.com/jobs/news/2007/10/2007100101c/careers.html

      * Want to know what an editor is really thinking when he's
      reading that article you submitted?
      --> SEE http://chronicle.com/jobs/news/2007/09/2007092801c/careers.html

      * At 36, an aspiring senior administrator finds that her age
      tips the balance against her candidacy.
      --> SEE http://chronicle.com/jobs/news/2007/09/2007092701c/careers.html

      * A Ph.D. in the geological sciences who has had great
      success in research nonetheless hopes to land a job
      at a place where teaching actually matters.
      --> SEE http://chronicle.com/jobs/news/2007/09/2007092601c/careers.html

      * Is it a conflict of interest, or just plain stupid, to share tricks
      of the trade with another nonprofit group?
      --> SEE http://chronicle.com/jobs/news/2007/09/2007092501c/careers.html

      * Join us in our online discussion forums to talk
      about academic work and life -- or just about anything else.
      Registration is free.
      --> SEE http://chronicle.com/forums/

      * For in-depth information provided by colleges, universities,
      and other organizations, see Employer Profiles. Recent
      additions: St. Edward's University and Western Oregon
      University.
      --> SEE http://chronicle.com/jobs/profiles

      You're receiving this message because you have asked to be notified when new
      job
      listings on Chronicle Careers match the following
      criteria:

      Category: Religious organizations
      Location:
      Keyword(s):
      Search ZIP code:
      Search radius:
      This search is named:
      Religious organizations

      This search was sent to:
      BAWILSON@...

      TO STOP RECEIVING THIS NOTIFICATION, click on this link:
      http://chronicle.com/jobs/delete_agent.php?id=38110124

      If you would like to modify this search, change your e-mail address, or
      start
      receiving future alerts in HTML format, simply cancel this agent and create
      new one by performing a new
      search on our site: http://chronicle.com/jobs/

      Visit us on the Web -- http://chronicle.com

      Careers & advice -- http://chroniclecareers.com

      Essays & commentary -- http://chroniclereview.com

      Nonprofit news -- http://philanthropy.com

      Grant information -- http://philanthropy.com/grants

      Arts & Letters Daily -- http://aldaily.com

      If you have comments or questions, please send a message to
      careers@...

      Copyright (c) 2007 The Chronicle of Higher Education, Inc.
    • Bruce Wilson
      Message 2 of 30 , Oct 19, 2007
        Your job search agent, Religious organizations, found 1 new listing To see
        all
        matching jobs, visit us on the web at this address:
        http://chronicle.com/cgi2-bin/texis/jobs/search?id=38110124

        * Middle East & Jewish Studies Librarian
        Columbia University (New York)
        (date posted: 10/15/2007)
        http://chronicle.com/jobs/id.php?id=0000529091-01&pg=e

        Recent career news & advice:

        * A new dean learns just how much time he must spend behind
        his closed, decoration-free, joyless door.
        --> SEE http://chronicle.com/jobs/news/2007/10/2007101601c/careers.html

        * Is it a stretch to imagine that, just as students have different
        learning styles, instructors might have different teaching styles?
        --> SEE http://chronicle.com/jobs/news/2007/10/2007101501c/careers.html

        * After spending 25 years working with graduate students,
        a professor concludes it's not all it's cracked up to be.
        --> SEE http://chronicle.com/jobs/news/2007/10/2007101201c/careers.html

        * A Ph.D. in religious studies begins her second year of a job
        search knowing that she and her partner will face stresses
        that other couples don't.
        --> SEE http://chronicle.com/jobs/news/2007/10/2007101101c/careers.html

        * The James Bond Lifestyle Seminar for Academics: Repeat to yourself,
        "I am too cool to be a professor, I am too cool to be a professor."
        --> SEE http://chronicle.com/jobs/news/2007/10/2007101001c/careers.html

        Message 3 of 30 , Nov 13, 2007
          Your job search agent, Religious organizations, found 1 new listing To see
          all
          matching jobs, visit us on the web at this address:
          http://chronicle.com/cgi2-bin/texis/jobs/search?id=38110124

          See a job that interests you?

          Did you know you can create CV's, compose cover letters, and apply for jobs
          directly from ChronicleCareers.com?

          To learn more about the benefits of our customized services, and to sign up
          for
          your free Chronicle Careers account, visit
          http://ChronicleCareers.com/home?ja8

          * Senior Accountant
          Washington National Cathedral (D.C.)
          (date posted: 11/9/2007)
          http://chronicle.com/jobs/id.php?id=0000534398-01&pg=e

          Recent career news & advice:

          * Tenured and solidly middle class, a professor seldom feels he
          is giving anything back to his working-class roots.
          --> SEE http://chronicle.com/jobs/news/2007/11/2007110901c/careers.html

          * A Ph.D. candidate in economics hopes his applications are sending
          the right message to hiring committees.
          --> SEE http://chronicle.com/jobs/news/2007/11/2007110801c/careers.html

          * Professional performer seeks tenure-track job; can read and write.
          --> SEE http://chronicle.com/jobs/news/2007/11/2007110701c/careers.html

          * Maybe it's time you refused to keep wallowing in the winter
          of your discontent, says Ms. Mentor.
          --> SEE http://chronicle.com/jobs/news/2007/11/2007110601c/careers.html

          * When it comes to many digital archives, scholars at small
          institutions are the have-nots.
          --> SEE http://chronicle.com/jobs/news/2007/11/2007110501c/careers.html

          * Join us in our online discussion forums to talk
          about academic work and life -- or just about anything else.
          Registration is free.
          --> SEE http://chronicle.com/forums/

          * For in-depth information provided by colleges, universities,
          and other organizations, see Employer Profiles. Recent
          additions: St. Edward's University and Western Oregon
          University.
          --> SEE http://chronicle.com/jobs/profiles

          stay up to date with all the important news, controversies, and
          trends in academe. Order now and get 4 extra issues plus instant
          access to our Web site. Subscribe now at
          http://chronicle.com/4free/?ja4

          Message 4 of 30 , Dec 6, 2007
            Your job search agent, Religious organizations, found 1 new listing To see
            all
            matching jobs, visit us on the web at this address:
            http://chronicle.com/cgi2-bin/texis/jobs/search?id=38110124

            Be fully informed for your next job interview!
            The Chronicle's free e-mailed Academe Today keeps you up-to-date
            in a matter of minutes by quickly summarizing current events in
            higher education while providing links to complete news coverage
            on our subscriber-only Web site. Sign up now to receive The Chronicle's
            daily report at http://chronicle.com/help/emails/academetoday/?ja2

            * Superintendent, Catholic Schools
            Catholic Archdiocese of Seattle (Washington)
            (date posted: 12/3/2007)
            http://chronicle.com/jobs/id.php?id=0000536161-01&pg=e

            Recent career news & advice:

            * Here's a hint about how to get your way in academe: Incivility
            is not the best approach.
            --> SEE http://chronicle.com/jobs/news/2007/12/2007120401c/careers.html

            * Why does it seem like the only time undergraduates encounter
            'literary nonfiction' is in composition courses?
            --> SEE http://chronicle.com/jobs/news/2007/12/2007120301c/careers.html

            * As a government-relations officer, you get used to being
            blamed when things in the capitol go wrong.
            --> SEE http://chronicle.com/jobs/news/2007/11/2007113001c/careers.html

            * A humanities Ph.D. pursues a career in teaching and
            administration at a private school.
            --> SEE http://chronicle.com/jobs/news/2007/11/2007112901c/careers.html

            * At 48, a new Ph.D. in biological sciences searches for
            his first postdoctoral job.
            --> SEE http://chronicle.com/jobs/news/2007/11/2007112801c/careers.html

            * Join us in our online discussion forums to talk
            about academic work and life -- or just about anything else.
            Registration is free.
            --> SEE http://chronicle.com/forums/

            * For in-depth information provided by colleges, universities,
            and other organizations, see Employer Profiles. Recent
            additions: St. Edward's University and Western Oregon
            University.
            --> SEE http://chronicle.com/jobs/profiles

            Customize your job search with Chronicle Careers

            Manage your entire job search with the personalized features
            of Chronicle Careers. In addition to searching thousands of current job
            listings, you can create multiple CV's and resumes, compose personalized

            http://ChronicleCareers.com/home/?ja7

            Message 5 of 30 , Jan 2, 2008
              Your job search agent, Religious organizations, found 1 new listing To see
              all
              matching jobs, visit us on the web at this address:
              http://chronicle.com/cgi2-bin/texis/jobs/search?id=38110124

              Sign up now for your free Chronicle Careers account

              Now you can customize your entire job search with Chronicle Careers. Search
              thousands of job listings, create multiple CV's and resumes, compose
              personalized cover letters, and then apply for jobs directly online.

              To learn more about the benefits of our customized services, and to sign up
              for
              your free Chronicle Careers account, visit
              http://ChronicleCareers.com/home?ja6

              * Director of Admission and Financial Aid
              National Cathedral School (D.C.)
              (date posted: 12/28/2007)
              http://chronicle.com/jobs/id.php?id=0000541189-01&pg=e

              Recent career news & advice:

              * A look at the many ways in which academics manage to
              undermine their own presentations.
              --> SEE http://chronicle.com/jobs/news/2007/12/2007122101c/careers.html

              * You may never be a natural leader, but you can learn how
              to become a better one.
              --> SEE http://chronicle.com/jobs/news/2007/12/2007122001c/careers.html

              * Three weeks into her new job, an assistant professor faces
              a student insurgence.
              --> SEE http://chronicle.com/jobs/news/2007/12/2007121901c/careers.html

              * Is there any advantage to an academic's professional career
              from having children?
              --> SEE http://chronicle.com/jobs/news/2007/12/2007121801c/careers.html

              * Consider starting a new charitable tradition and giving the
              gift of school supplies.
              --> SEE http://chronicle.com/jobs/news/2007/12/2007121701c/careers.html

              Message 6 of 30 , Jan 10, 2008
                Your job search agent, Religious organizations, found 1 new listing To see
                all
                matching jobs, visit us on the web at this address:
                http://chronicle.com/cgi2-bin/texis/jobs/search?id=38110124

                Customize your job search with Chronicle Careers

                Manage your entire job search with the new personalized features of
                Chronicle
                Careers. In addition to searching thousands of current job listings, you can
                create multiple CV's and resumes, compose personalized cover letters, and
                then
                apply for jobs directly online.

                To learn more about the benefits of our customized services, and to sign up
                for
                your free Chronicle Careers account, visit
                http://ChronicleCareers.com/home?ja7

                * Superintendent, Catholic Schools
                Catholic Archdiocese of Seattle (Washington)
                (date posted: 1/2/2008)
                http://chronicle.com/jobs/id.php?id=0000541761-01&pg=e

                Recent career news & advice:

                * If youbre completely unsuitable for a particular job, you
                shouldnbt apply. But what if youbre halfway suitable?
                --> SEE http://chronicle.com/jobs/news/2008/01/2008010301c/careers.html

[...]

                Copyright (c) 2008 The Chronicle of Higher Education, Inc.
              • Bruce Wilson
                Message 7 of 30 , Feb 11, 2008
                  Your job search agent, Religious organizations, found 1 new listing To see
                  all
                  matching jobs, visit us on the web at this address:
                  http://chronicle.com/cgi2-bin/texis/jobs/search?id=38110124

                  Customize your job search with Chronicle Careers

                  Manage your entire job search with the new personalized features of
                  Chronicle
                  Careers. In addition to searching thousands of current job listings, you can
                  create multiple CV's and resumes, compose personalized cover letters, and
                  then
                  apply for jobs directly online.

                  To learn more about the benefits of our customized services, and to sign up
                  for
                  your free Chronicle Careers account, visit
                  http://ChronicleCareers.com/home?ja7

                  * Online Recruitment Coordinator
                  Food for the Hungry (Arizona)
                  (date posted: 2/8/2008)
                  http://chronicle.com/jobs/id.php?id=0000547517-01&pg=e

                  Recent career news & advice:

                  * It's no fun watching a parade of painfully earnest job candidates
                  become sad victims of unwitting self-sabotage.
                  --> SEE http://chronicle.com/jobs/news/2008/02/2008021101c/careers.html

                  * A perennial applicant sitting on his first hiring committee gains
                  a new perspective on the search process.
                  --> SEE http://chronicle.com/jobs/news/2008/02/2008020801c/careers.html

                  * An economist sets out to see the world, meet people, and convince
                  them to hire him.
                  --> SEE http://chronicle.com/jobs/news/2008/02/2008020701c/careers.html

                  * A Ph.D. in sociology dreams of finding a single search engine
                  that would include job openings across Europe.
                  --> SEE http://chronicle.com/jobs/news/2008/02/2008020601c/careers.html

                  * It's easy to lose yourself in the research and never get around
                  to actually putting words down on paper.
                  --> SEE http://chronicle.com/jobs/news/2008/02/2008020501c/careers.html

                  Message 8 of 30 , Feb 18, 2008
                    Your job search agent, Religious organizations, found 1 new listing To see
                    all
                    matching jobs, visit us on the web at this address:
                    http://chronicle.com/cgi2-bin/texis/jobs/search?id=38110124

                    Sign up now for your free Chronicle Careers account

                    Now you can customize your entire job search with Chronicle Careers. Search
                    thousands of job listings, create multiple CV's and resumes, compose
                    personalized cover letters, and then apply for jobs directly online.

                    To learn more about the benefits of our customized services, and to sign up
                    for
                    your free Chronicle Careers account, visit
                    http://ChronicleCareers.com/home?ja6

                    * Academic Dean
                    College of St. Joseph (Vermont)
                    (date posted: 2/11/2008)
                    http://chronicle.com/jobs/id.php?id=0000546426-01&pg=e

                    Recent career news & advice:

                    * A professor assigns a group project in a graduate seminar
                    and confronts a wave of resentment.
                    --> SEE http://chronicle.com/jobs/news/2008/02/2008021801c/careers.html

                    * It is hard to look into the eye of a treasured colleague and say
                    that you are unable to give a reference.
                    --> SEE http://chronicle.com/jobs/news/2008/02/2008021501c/careers.html

                    * Geography helps guide a Ph.D. in his decision about his
                    first postdoctoral job.
                    --> SEE http://chronicle.com/jobs/news/2008/02/2008021401c/careers.html

                    * What are the odds that seven conference interviews will lead
                    to any campus visits?
                    --> SEE http://chronicle.com/jobs/news/2008/02/2008021301c/careers.html

                    * A Ph.D. hits the road to promote her crossover book about
                    the Blue Ridge Parkway.
                    --> SEE http://chronicle.com/jobs/news/2008/02/2008021201c/careers.html

                    Message 9 of 30 , Mar 13, 2008
                      Your job search agent, Religious organizations, found 1 new listing To see
                      all
                      matching jobs, visit us on the web at this address:
                      http://chronicle.com/cgi2-bin/texis/jobs/search?id=38110124

                      short-term day or week pass to get complete and instant
                      access to everything The Chronicle publishes online.

                      Just create a free account or log on at http://chronicle.com/services/?jadp

                      * Regional Director of Academic Programs- Postings in Africa, Asia, Latin
                      America
                      Food for the Hungry (Arizona)
                      (date posted: 3/11/2008)
                      http://chronicle.com/jobs/id.php?id=0000552297-01&pg=e

                      Recent career news & advice:

                      * While the demands of tenure should not be minimized,
                      obsessiveness about your career is a mistake, psychologically
                      and practically.
                      --> SEE http://chronicle.com/jobs/news/2008/03/2008031101c/careers.html

                      * As the dorms lay in ruins, most students just wanted
                      to see their parents.
                      --> SEE http://chronicle.com/jobs/news/2008/03/2008031001c/careers.html

                      * Do certain courses invite advocacy? Or should we always strive
                      to remain neutral to our students?
                      --> SEE http://chronicle.com/jobs/news/2008/03/2008030701c/careers.html

                      * A Ph.D. in biological sciences weighs the advantages of a job
                      offer in industry versus one in academe.
                      --> SEE http://chronicle.com/jobs/news/2008/03/2008030501c/careers.html

                      * For small development offices, the art of fund raising is more
                      important than the science.
                      --> SEE http://chronicle.com/jobs/news/2008/03/2008030401c/careers.html

                    • Wilson, Bruce
                      Message 10 of 30 , Apr 10 11:16 AM
                        Bruce A. Wilson, M.Ed., M.S.L.S., C.A.S.
                        Reference Librarian, W.Va. State Law Library
                        304-558-2607 (direct dial: 304-340-3980)
                        FAX: 304-558-3673

                        The bicycle is the most civilized conveyance known to man. Other forms
                        of transport grow daily more nightmarish. Only the bicycle remains pure
                        in heart. ~Iris Murdoch, The Red and the Green
                        Your job search agent, Religious organizations, found 1 new listing
                        To see all matching jobs, visit us on the web at this address:
                        http://chronicle.com/cgi2-bin/texis/jobs/search?id=38110124

                        Sign up now for your free Chronicle Careers account

                        Now you can customize your entire job search with Chronicle
                        Careers. Search thousands of job listings, create multiple CV's
                        and resumes, compose personalized cover letters, and then apply
                        for jobs directly online.

                        To learn more about the benefits of our customized services,
                        and to sign up for your free Chronicle Careers account, visit
                        http://ChronicleCareers.com/home?ja6

                        * Regional Director of Academic Programs- Postings in Africa, Asia,
                        Latin America
                        Food for the Hungry (Arizona)
                        (date posted: 4/10/2008)
                        http://chronicle.com/jobs/id.php?id=0000556050-01&pg=e

                        Recent career news & advice:

                        * A pair of East Coast types hitch up the wagons and head
                        west to do a little prospecting.
                        --> SEE
                        http://chronicle.com/jobs/news/2008/04/2008040801c/careers.html

                        * A professor who invited a visiting writer to class envisioned
                        a stimulating dialogue, not awkward silences. What went wrong?
                        --> SEE
                        http://chronicle.com/jobs/news/2008/04/2008040701c/careers.html

                        * Despite 10 years of reports and rhetoric, the economic conditions
                        of academic labor are considerably worse.
                        --> SEE
                        http://chronicle.com/jobs/news/2008/04/2008040401c/careers.html

                        * Do you want college and university presidents to speak out
                        or not?
                        --> SEE
                        http://chronicle.com/jobs/news/2008/04/2008040301c/careers.html

                        * Three first-year professors tackle the conflicts between
                        their career aspirations and their private lives.
                        --> SEE
                        http://chronicle.com/jobs/news/2008/04/2008040201c/careers.html

[...]

                        cancel this agent and create a new one by performing a new
[...]

                          * Assistant Director, Law Career Services
                          St. Mary's University (Texas)
                          (date posted: 4/28/2008)
                          http://chronicle.com/jobs/id.php?id=0000557567-01&pg=e

                          Recent career news & advice:

                          * For junior faculty members, the best place to focus
                          on research may not be at a research university.
                          --> SEE
                          http://chronicle.com/jobs/news/2008/04/2008042501c/careers.html

                          * The most important decision made by a departing leader
                          is the selection of the transition manager.
                          --> SEE
                          http://chronicle.com/jobs/news/2008/04/2008042401c/careers.html

                          * Books on narrow topics aren't going to get published unless
                          academic authors can explain why their work matters.
                          --> SEE
                          http://chronicle.com/jobs/news/2008/04/2008042301c/careers.html

                          * Spousal hires are no longer unusual yet some colleges still
                          let fears about the risks blind them to the obvious benefits.
                          --> SEE
                          http://chronicle.com/jobs/news/2008/04/2008042201c/careers.html

                          * Here's why it's usually a bad idea to promote assistant
                          professors before the six-year mark.
                          --> SEE
                          http://chronicle.com/jobs/news/2008/04/2008042101c/careers.html

                          Message 12 of 30 , May 7, 2008
                            Your job search agent, Religious organizations, found 1 new listing To see
                            all
                            matching jobs, visit us on the web at this address:
                            http://chronicle.com/cgi2-bin/texis/jobs/search?id=38110124

                            short-term day or week pass to get complete and instant
                            access to everything The Chronicle publishes online.

                            Just create a free account or log on at http://chronicle.com/services/?jadp

                            * Vice President of Institutional Advancement
                            Episcopal Theological Seminary of the Southwest (Texas)
                            (date posted: 4/30/2008)
                            http://chronicle.com/jobs/id.php?id=0000558510-01&pg=e

                            Recent career news & advice:

                            * Everything you need to know about your role as a commentator
                            or a member of the audience.
                            --> SEE http://chronicle.com/jobs/news/2008/05/2008050201c/careers.html

                            * Our Career Talk columnists answer readers' questions about
                            going back on the market, beefing up weak interview skills, and
                            negotiating multiple offers.
                            --> SEE http://chronicle.com/jobs/news/2008/05/2008050101c/careers.html

                            * After her third try on the academic market falls short, a
                            D.M.A. begins to reconsider her career options.
                            --> SEE http://chronicle.com/jobs/news/2008/04/2008043001c/careers.html

                            * Step back, breathe deeply, and try to rise above the anxiety
                            that can turn job seekers into scary creatures.
                            --> SEE http://chronicle.com/jobs/news/2008/04/2008042901c/careers.html

                            * Names matter in academe, but how they matter is a
                            complicated question.
                            --> SEE http://chronicle.com/jobs/news/2008/04/2008042801c/careers.html

[...]

                              Your job search agent, Religious organizations, found 2 new listings,
                              sorted below by location.
                              To see all matching jobs, visit us on the web at this address:
                              http://chronicle.com/cgi2-bin/texis/jobs/search?id=38110124

                              * Biology Faculty / Director of Pre-Professional Medical Programs,
                              Biology Department
                              Gannon University (Pennsylvania)
                              (date posted: 5/27/2008)
                              http://chronicle.com/jobs/id.php?id=0000561386-01&pg=e

                              * Director of Gift and Estate Planning
                              St. Mary's University (Texas)
                              (date posted: 5/27/2008)
                              http://chronicle.com/jobs/id.php?id=0000561293-01&pg=e

                              Recent career news & advice:

                              * The best way to find out what agencies look for in a grant
                              proposal is to participate in a review session yourself.
                              --> SEE
                              http://chronicle.com/jobs/news/2008/06/2008060201c/careers.html

                              * Should faculty members reveal uncomfortable truths to prospective
                              parents, or should we just try to make the sale?
                              --> SEE
                              http://chronicle.com/jobs/news/2008/05/2008053001c/careers.html

                              * David R. Evans, dean of the college of arts and sciences at
                              Oklahoma City University, has joined the On Hiring blog as a regular
                              contributor. His first post looks at how criminal-background and
                              credit checks are becoming increasingly common in academic and
                              administrative hiring.
                              --> SEE
                              http://chronicle.com/jobs/blogs/onhiring/582/criminal-background-
                              checks

                              * As the purpose of a professor's work trips has changed, so has the
                              nature of the accommodations.
                              --> SEE
                              http://chronicle.com/jobs/news/2008/05/2008052901c/careers.html

                              * For academics, summertime doesn't always mean the living is easy.
                              --> SEE
                              http://chronicle.com/jobs/news/2008/05/2008052801c/careers.html

                              * A midlevel administrator swings and misses in his first
                              shot at moving up the ranks.
                              --> SEE
                              http://chronicle.com/jobs/news/2008/05/2008052701c/careers.html

[...]

                                This job alert is just the beginning ...

                                Are you getting the most out of Chronicle Careers? When you sign
                                up for your free Chronicle Careers account, you can create
                                multiple CV's and resumes, compose personalized cover letters,
                                and then apply for jobs directly online.

                                To learn more about the benefits of our customized services,
                                and to sign up for your free Chronicle Careers account, visit
                                http://ChronicleCareers.com/home?ja9

                                * Electrical and Computer Engineering Faculty, School of Engineering
                                Liberty University (Virginia)
                                (date posted: 6/16/2008)
                                http://chronicle.com/jobs/id.php?id=0000562304-01&pg=e

                                Recent career news & advice:

                                * Among other things, a Facebook profile means you get to
                                see how your students react when you hand out their grades.
                                --> SEE
                                http://chronicle.com/jobs/news/2008/06/2008061601c/careers.html

                                * Despite ceaseless murmurings about a 'global' age, most
                                scholars remain narrowly bound to nation and discipline.
                                --> SEE
                                http://chronicle.com/jobs/news/2008/06/2008061301c/careers.html

                                * Why should admitting in a job interview that you have
                                small children be so consequential?
                                --> SEE
                                http://chronicle.com/jobs/news/2008/06/2008061201c/careers.html

                                * If you plan to apply for teaching jobs at two-year colleges, here's
                                what you need to consider.
                                --> SEE
                                http://chronicle.com/jobs/news/2008/06/2008061101c/careers.html

                                * Isn't fund raising a job you could do just as easily from home
                                as from a campus office?
                                --> SEE
                                http://chronicle.com/jobs/news/2008/06/2008061001c/careers.html

[...]

                                  * Database Administrator -- Raiser's Edge
                                  Washington National Cathedral (D.C.)
                                  (date posted: 6/27/2008)
                                  http://chronicle.com/jobs/id.php?id=0000564779-01&pg=e

                                  Recent career news & advice:

                                  * Recent job postings and hires suggest that many academic
                                  libraries are losing interest in hiring humanities Ph.D.'s.
                                  --> SEE http://chronicle.com/jobs/news/2008/07/2008070101c.htm

                                  * An associate professor ponders the cause and effect
                                  of academic infighting.
                                  --> SEE http://chronicle.com/jobs/news/2008/06/2008063001c.htm

                                  * An English professor immerses himself in an emerging field
                                  that has already begun to redefine academic work.
                                  --> SEE http://chronicle.com/jobs/news/2008/06/2008062701c.htm

                                  * With four courses to teach, two conference panels to run,
                                  and a visiting poet to entertain, something had to give.
                                  --> SEE http://chronicle.com/jobs/news/2008/06/2008062601c.htm

                                  * A Ph.D. in economics makes the transition from graduate
                                  student to potential colleague.
                                  --> SEE http://chronicle.com/jobs/news/2008/06/2008062501c.htm

[...]

                                    * Campus Minister/Executive Director
                                    California-Pacific Conference of the United Methodist Church
                                    (California)
                                    (date posted: 7/3/2008)
                                    http://chronicle.com/jobs/id.php?id=0000565316-01&pg=e

                                    Recent career news & advice:

                                    * Who, exactly, is the audience for a capital campaign once
                                    it goes public?
                                    --> SEE http://chronicle.com/jobs/news/2008/07/2008070801c.htm

                                    * Does your vita need work? The CV Doctor can help. Submit your CV
                                    and it may be selected for an online critique.
                                    --> SEE http://chronicle.com/jobs/news/2008/07/2008070802c.htm

                                    * A primer for new professors on what to expect in the
                                    first year on the job.
                                    --> SEE http://chronicle.com/jobs/news/2008/07/2008070701c.htm

                                    * Are a moderately heavy teaching load and an active research
                                    program mutually exclusive?
                                    --> SEE http://chronicle.com/jobs/news/2008/07/2008070301c.htm

                                    * Pothead Ph.D.: This is most definitely not a cautionary tale.
                                    --> SEE http://chronicle.com/jobs/news/2008/07/2008070201c.htm

[...]

                                      free Chronicle Careers account, you can create multiple CV's and
                                      resumes,
                                      compose personalized cover letters, and then apply for jobs directly
                                      online.

                                      To learn more about the benefits of our customized services, and to sign
                                      up for
                                      your free Chronicle Careers account, visit
                                      http://ChronicleCareers.com/home?ja9

                                      * Program Officer
                                      a Catholic, family foundation based in Naples, Florida (Florida)
                                      (date posted: 10/1/2008)
                                      http://chronicle.com/jobs/id.php?id=0000576957-01&pg=e

                                      Recent career news & advice:

                                      * A job candidate in sociology whose research focuses on race
                                      finds that he's not what search committees were expecting.
                                      --> SEE http://chronicle.com/jobs/news/2008/10/2008100201c.htm

                                      * An associate provost who resisted administrative jobs for years
                                      now seeks to move up the ranks.
                                      --> SEE http://chronicle.com/jobs/news/2008/10/2008100101c.htm

                                      * Something more may be at issue with a Ph.D. whose husband
                                      controls her career moves.
                                      --> SEE http://chronicle.com/jobs/news/2008/09/2008093001c.htm

                                      * An assistant professor at a liberal-arts college prepares for
                                      a yearlong research leave.
                                      --> SEE http://chronicle.com/jobs/news/2008/09/2008092901c.htm

                                      * It may pay off for you to explore a new means of securing
                                      money from the same federal agencies that are tightening
                                      grant budgets.
                                      --> SEE http://chronicle.com/jobs/news/2008/09/2008092601c.htm

                                      * The CV Doctor returns: Our experts evaluate the CV's of three
                                      faculty-job candidates and an administrator seeking to move up.
                                      --> SEE http://chronicle.com/jobs/tools/cvdoctor/2008

                                      * Join us in our online discussion forums to talk
                                      about academic work and life -- or just about anything else.
                                      Registration is free.
                                      --> SEE http://chronicle.com/forums/

                                      * For in-depth information provided by colleges, universities,
                                      and other organizations, see Employer Profiles. Recent
                                      additions: St. Edward's University and Western Oregon
                                      University.
                                      --> SEE http://chronicle.com/jobs/profiles

                                      Once you find the job you're looking for, let The Chronicle help you
                                      succeed at
                                      it. The Chronicle's news coverage and opinion articles guarantee that
                                      you'll
                                      know all about the latest controversies and trends affecting your
                                      profession and
                                      career. Gain complete and instant access to our Web site when you order
                                      a print or digital subscription at http://chronicle.com/4free/?ja3

[...]

                                      10/1/2008 9:05
                                      AM