Context 24 information!

  • contextcon-owner@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 1 , May 11, 2011
      Hello everyone,

      Context 24 will be taking place in Columbus, Ohio at the Doubletree Hotel (the same venue as last year) the weekend of August 26-28, 2011.

      Guests who've signed on include L.E. Modesitt, Jr., Mira Grant (aka Seanan McGuire), David Hartwell, Erica Neely, Tom Smith, Mike Resnick, Nigel Sade, and Susan Fisher.

      We still have dealers' tables!:

      http://www.contextsf.org/dealer.htm

      We have posted a proposed list of panel topics and a panelist registration form on the front page of our site; the deadline for panelist signup is July 15th:

      http://www.contextsf.org/

      And finally, we've posted ten writing workshops; a few more are likely to be posted in coming months:

      http://www.contextsf.org/workshop.htm

      Topics include:

      Building Narrative Tension
      How To Polish Your Novel Manuscript
      Characterization and Dialog
      Release Your Inner Teen: Writing Fiction for the Young Adult Market
      Level One Writers Workshop
      Pitches and Blurbs and Tag Lines, Oh My!
      The Devil is in the Details
      Engaging the Wary: Winning and Keeping the Impatient Reader
      The Art, Craft and Business of Writing Genre Fiction
      Character Torture 101
      Pissing Off Editors, or How Not to Get Published