Is this a legal SD rocket?

  • tedcochran55409
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 16, 2004
      Greetings,

      Our section is having its first competition next week (thanks, Mike!).

      Never one to build a 3FNC rocket when something weird might do, I'm
      wondering if the rocket design on page 5 here:

      http://www.mn-rocketry.net/masa/planet/masa_Vol5-2.pdf

      would be a legal entry? [For example, does a rocket have to have a
      body tube? Does the recovery device have to be inside something?

      It flies fine. It might not be reliable enough to be competitive,
      but that's a whole 'nother issue :-)

      Thanks for your indulgence,

      --tc
    • Steve Humphrey
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 16, 2004
        tedcochran55409 wrote:
        > Never one to build a 3FNC rocket when something weird might do, I'm
        > wondering if the rocket design on page 5 here:
        >
        > http://www.mn-rocketry.net/masa/planet/masa_Vol5-2.pdf
        >
        > would be a legal entry? [For example, does a rocket have to have a
        > body tube? Does the recovery device have to be inside something?

        It looks fine, Ted. (The instructions are a bit vague about attaching
        the body/streamer to the fin can, but I assume that is done somehow so
        that everything comes down attached together.)

        Steve Humphrey