Re: Why do people fly as IND when flying Open and Regionals?

  • rdwoebke
    Message 1 of 14 , May 31, 2010
      --- In contestRoc@yahoogroups.com, "dunbar.jonathan" <dunbar.jonathan@...> wrote:

      > Patrick,
      >
      > Thanks for the reply. I was just wondering if one could fly more than the 12 CF, and not get credit for the CF's, but still fly them.

      You can fly as many CF as you like. You can only fly 12 CF in A/B/C division but there is nothing stopping you from having multiple teams. You can even have several different teams with the same team members. One year I flew something like 32 CF. Actualy once I flew 2 different regionals the same weekend and I was at neither contest. :) Obviously you can only fly one entry in NARAM/for the national championship, so if you fly C and teams then whichever ones you are not entering in NARAM are kind of just for fun.

      > It sucks that you have to travel 150 miles just to fly enough CF's.

      That is only a 3 hour drive. I'd gladly do that a few times a month if I could. My dad and I drove about that far (maybe a bit further) to St. Louis to fly C division (we typically fly team division on different teams) this past May. Since I often can't do that I'll just as gladly send proxy models to help ensure that competition in our regional continues to flourish.

      Ryan