Re: Video

  • Larry B. Rice
    Message 1 of 14 , Oct 3, 2007
      --- In contestRoc@yahoogroups.com, "Jeff Graham" <jgraham1971@...>
      wrote:

      > from what I saw they said it was filmed in a studio
      >
      > Jeff Graham

      Jeff,
      You've been watching that old O.J.Simpson movie 8)(And if
      the glove doesn't fit, you must aquit; more recently a local
      DJ phrased the recent robbery attempt _give me the memorabilia,
      so I don't have to Kill Ya'_)
      Also I have a copy of the Neil Armstrong Lunar Lander mock-up
      test flight where he had to eject at low altitude before he
      crashed it, due to a thruster mal-function. It was shown on
      a NBC local _PM Magazine_ show in 1985 that CSAR was the _local
      site_ serving as _backround_ for the show's feature pieces.
      Dr. Gregorek did most of the talking. I counted down my Estes
      Space Shuttle flight that opened the show 8). Oh, and the Neil
      Armstrong test flight was from circa 1966 (VHS).

      Skyward,

      Larry Rice / Columbus, OH

      > jgraham1971@...
      > http://www.smashrocketry.org/

    • Jeff Graham
      Message 2 of 14 , Oct 3, 2007
        Not that I believe or I disbelieve, but there were some funny issues like the directions of shadows in the photos taken on the moon surface or the fact that there was no moon dust on the LEM landing pads from the thruster.

        Or the fact that a NASA official said " It would have been impossible to fake the moon landing back then." yeah and it was easier to put men in space then to hoax a moon landing. please... your NASA

        Jeff Graham
        jgraham1971@...
        http://www.smashrocketry.org/

        > from what I saw they said it was filmed in a studio
        >
        > Jeff Graham

        Jeff,
        You've been watching that old O.J.Simpson movie 8)(And if
        the glove doesn't fit, you must aquit; more recently a local
        DJ phrased the recent robbery attempt _give me the memorabilia,
        so I don't have to Kill Ya'_)
        Also I have a copy of the Neil Armstrong Lunar Lander mock-up
        test flight where he had to eject at low altitude before he
        crashed it, due to a thruster mal-function. It was shown on
        a NBC local _PM Magazine_ show in 1985 that CSAR was the _local
        site_ serving as _backround_ for the show's feature pieces.
        Dr. Gregorek did most of the talking. I counted down my Estes
        Space Shuttle flight that opened the show 8). Oh, and the Neil
        Armstrong test flight was from circa 1966 (VHS).

        Skyward,

        Larry Rice / Columbus, OH

        > jgraham1971@...
        > http://www.smashrocketry.org/

      • Greg Poehlein
        Message 3 of 14 , Oct 4, 2007
          Sigh - this old conspiracy theory back again? Check out these sites:

          http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apollo_Moon_Landing_hoax_accusations

          http://science.nasa.gov/headlines/y2001/ast23feb_2.htm

          http://pirlwww.lpl.arizona.edu/~jscotti/NOT_faked/

          Greg

        • John Bowles
          Message 4 of 14 , Oct 4, 2007
            It IS easier.

            To fake a moon landing, you have to get pretty much every country with radio
            capability, hundreds at of amature radio operators, and most of all the
            Soviets (Good luck with that one!) to be in on it.

            Message 5 of 14 , Oct 4, 2007
              At the end of the video I was waiting for Ashton Kutcher to come on and say "you've been punked."

              Jeff Graham
              jgraham1971@...
              http://www.smashrocketry.org/

              To fake a moon landing, you have to get pretty much every country with radio
              capability, hundreds at of amature radio operators, and most of all the
              Soviets (Good luck with that one!) to be in on it.

              On 10/4/07, Jeff Graham <jgraham1971@...> wrote:

              > Not that I believe or I disbelieve, but there were some funny issues
              > like the directions of shadows in the photos taken on the moon surface or
              > the fact that there was no moon dust on the LEM landing pads from the
              > thruster.
              >
              > Or the fact that a NASA official said " It would have been impossible to
              > fake the moon landing back then." yeah and it was easier to put men in space
              > then to hoax a moon landing. please... your NASA
              >
              > Jeff Graham
              > jgraham1971@... <jgraham1971%40comcast.net>
              > http://www.smashrocketry.org/

            • larry rice
              Message 6 of 14 , Oct 5, 2007
                Jeff,
                Okay. Yes, the movie with O.J. was Capricorn One. And I think NASA tries to kill
                the crew to _keep them quiet_ 8(. Don't have a copy. Do have _Killers from Space_
                on DVD with Peter Graves.

                Skyward,

                Message 7 of 14 , Oct 6, 2007
                  The main concern was the directions of the shadows and the light source or sources that has me baffled in the photos http://history.nasa.gov/alsj/a17/AS17-136-20744.jpg

                  everything else can be justified

                  Jeff Graham
                  jgraham1971@...
                  http://www.smashrocketry.org/

                  Message 8 of 14 , Oct 6, 2007
                    Terrain and lens distortion.

                    Message 9 of 14 , Oct 6, 2007
                      Jeff,

                      I assume there was a _light source_ on or near the LEM (or LM) such as a light stand
                      set up by the astronauts. The other source was of course the Sun. The Sun would outcast
                      the LM source on the nearby rocks, other than the astronaut's shadow.

                      Larry Rice