Re: WAS: NAR ballots / NOW: How to Increase  Participation i...

  • artupton
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 1, 2007
      --- In contestRoc@yahoogroups.com, Ez2cDave@... wrote:
      >Any construction method may be used. Solid or prohibited structual
      components are not permitted (i.e.- hardwood dowels, solid fiberglass
      rods,commercialfishing rod blanks of any type, metals, hard
      plastics,etc).

      Opps, you used the word ETC. that makes it open for interpretation ;-O

      Art
    • Ez2cDave@aol.com
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 1, 2007
        In a message dated 7/1/2007 8:00:20 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
        artupton@... writes:

        --- In _contestRoc@yahoogrocontest_ (mailto:contestRoc@yahoogroups.com) ,
        Ez2cDave@... wrote:
        >Any construction method may be used. Solid or prohibited structual
        components are not permitted (i.e.- hardwood dowels, solid fiberglass
        rods,commercialfishrods,commercialfish<WBR>ing rod blanks of any
        plastics,etc)pl

        Opps, you used the word ETC. that makes it open for interpretation ;-O

        Art

        *************************************

        Art,

        Actually, the next few paragraphs address the "ETC" issue pretty thoroughly
        . . . Gotta read ALL the Rules !

        QUOTE:

        21.4 Construction

        Any construction method may be used. Solid or prohibited structual
        components are not permitted (i.e.- hardwood dowels, solid fiberglass rods,commercial
        fishing rod blanks of any type, metals, hard plastics,etc)Any construction
        method may be used. Solid or prohibited structual c&"tubular", that is, having
        no solid center of homogeneous material.

        Thin-Walled Composite Airframes are permitted, including those with foam
        cores. Phenolic or Paper Tubing is allowed and may be reinforced with composite
        materials, paper, cloth, foam, etc.

        "Truss-Work" models are disallowed, as their airframes are typically
        constructed from Solid Materials, having a solid center of homogeneous material
        (same material throughout cross-section) .

        END QUOTE:

        NOTE: "All Body components, whatever the material, must be "thin-walled"
        &"tubular", that is, having no solid center of homogeneous material."

        Like I said . . . That was a "First Draft", done up in about 2 minutes !

        Dave Fitch

      • artupton
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 1, 2007
          --- In contestRoc@yahoogroups.com, Ez2cDave@... wrote:
          >> Art,
          >
          > Actually, the next few paragraphs address the "ETC" issue pretty
          thoroughly
          > . . . Gotta read ALL the Rules !

          Nope, you must remove the ETC or a trial lawyer can tear you to
          pieces ;)

          Art
        • Ez2cDave@aol.com
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 1, 2007
            In a message dated 7/1/2007 9:51:52 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
            artupton@... writes:

            Nope, you must remove the ETC or a trial lawyer can tear you to
            pieces ;)

            Art

            ********

            Art,

            Well . . . So much for Brevity . . . Maybe we need the NAR "Encyclopedia
            Competititca" . . . 26 Volumes . . All bound in PINK, naturally ???

            Dave Fitch

          • Patrick Peterson
            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 19, 2007
              I believe we need to somehow get back to one model, one flight per
              event. If that means either requiring a return, not requiring a
              return, or penalizing a lack of return, any of these 3 options are
              preferable to needing to make 2 models for each event. That's my two
              cents.