For all those who have been mean to me take this...

  • eds55555
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 6, 2006
      I'm currently one number.....

      In your face!!!!!!!!!

      http://nar.org/competition/NARpoints.shtml

      All I was trying to do was make the sport a bit safer and you guys all
      pound on me.

      Ernest Strother
      NAR # 76992 L2
    • artupton
      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 6, 2006
        --- In contestRoc@yahoogroups.com, "eds55555" <e1s1@...> wrote:

        > I'm currently one number.....

        One number ?

        Why I thought you had 5 numbers in your number.

        I could not resist.

        Art
      • Clive Davis
        Message 3 of 11 , Apr 6, 2006
          Ed:

          It's usually best to gloat at the end of the day, not while you are
          rounding the bases heading towards 3rd.

          By the way, you never answered my question.

          Clive

          On Apr 6, 2006, at 1:46 PM, eds55555 wrote:

          > I'm currently one number.....
          >
          > In your face!!!!!!!!!
          >
          > http://nar.org/competition/NARpoints.shtml
          >
          > All I was trying to do was make the sport a bit safer and you guys all
          > pound on me.
          >
          > Ernest Strother
          > NAR # 76992 L2

        • shockie
          Message 4 of 11 , Apr 6, 2006
            ernest:

            pounding people in here, is commonplace....don't take it personally.....

            terry dean

          • chanstevens@fuse.net
            Message 5 of 11 , Apr 6, 2006
              And that one number would be what? Zero?

              ---- artupton <artupton@...> wrote:

              =============
              --- In contestRoc@yahoogroups.com, "eds55555" <e1s1@...> wrote:

              > I'm currently one number.....

              One number ?

              Why I thought you had 5 numbers in your number.

              I could not resist.

              Art

              Yahoo! Groups Links
            • John DeMar
              Message 6 of 11 , Apr 6, 2006
                --- In contestRoc@yahoogroups.com, "eds55555" <e1s1@...> wrote:

                > I'm currently one number.....

                We're all one number. Unless we're tied. Then two people would be
                one number. Some of us have more than one number, if those numbers
                happen to be our membership numbers and we belong to more than one
                organization. Do you have a social security number? Well, then
                you're more than one number. That's usually three numbers separated by
                hyphens. Do you have phone? Then you're yet another number. But I
                digress.

                I'm #31 on the current NAR points list. And I worked hard not to be
                any higher than that this year! That's one number. Two numerals
                actually. A three in the ten's digit and a one in the one's digit. If
                one assumes base 10. If you're NUMBER ONE then the base doesn't
                matter. Unless you're not on home base yet and only half the year's
                points have been counted. In all likelihood, your number's up! ;-)

                -John DeMar
                NAR #52094 <--- just one of my many numbers.
              • jackson.roykirk
                Message 7 of 11 , Apr 6, 2006
                  Rounding third? He's flown 6 WF out of the 12 that lead into NARAM,
                  and NARAM is worth as much as the whole year. He's just past first
                  base. Got a LONG way to go to get home first.

                  --- In contestRoc@yahoogroups.com, Clive Davis <clive_davis@...> wrote:

                  > Ed:
                  >
                  > It's usually best to gloat at the end of the day, not while you are
                  > rounding the bases heading towards 3rd.
                  >
                  > By the way, you never answered my question.
                  >
                  > Clive
                  >
                  > On Apr 6, 2006, at 1:46 PM, eds55555 wrote:
                  >
                  > > I'm currently one number.....
                  > >
                  > > In your face!!!!!!!!!
                  > >
                  > > http://nar.org/competition/NARpoints.shtml
                  > >
                  > > All I was trying to do was make the sport a bit safer and you guys all
                  > > pound on me.
                  > >
                  > > Ernest Strother
                  > > NAR # 76992 L2

                • Larry B. Rice
                  Message 8 of 11 , Apr 6, 2006
                    --- In contestRoc@yahoogroups.com, "eds55555" <e1s1@...> wrote:

                    > I'm currently one number.....
                    >
                    > In your face!!!!!!!!!
                    >
                    > http://nar.org/competition/NARpoints.shtml
                    >
                    > All I was trying to do was make the sport a bit safer and you guys
                    all
                    > pound on me.
                    >
                    > Ernest Strother
                    > NAR # 76992 L2

                    Ernest,
                    Good job on being in first place at the moment.

                    But the reason _people were mean to me_ was that you came out
                    on the group in a contemptuous and rude manner 8). That and your
                    frequent grammatical errors made it easy to poke fun at you.
                    This illustrates the ease in which many people on-line today
                    behave in a manner they would hardly do in a real-life situation.
                    An analogy here would be if you would go into a _Brokeback Mountain_
                    convention (Read: mostly Gay) and say "If you f*ckin fags don't start
                    wearin' condoms you'll go to Hell !!" 8<O
                    A closer to home analogy would be if you were to go into a group of
                    NAR members at a NARAM and act the way you did (in the begining). Some
                    rocketeers would be hard-pressed not to _Jap Slap_ (actually this
                    isn't that easy to do- requires some martial art training) you.
                    You and I might have exchanged greetings at a past Texas (or
                    another) NARAM, I'm not sure. So I have nothing against you personal-
                    ly. If you'd like we could discuss Superman and Bizzarro World off-
                    group also 8). And as Terry (Shockie) said. Don't take those barbs
                    so seriously .

                    Skyward,
                    Larry Rice -Columbus, OH
                  • shockie
                    Message 9 of 11 , Apr 7, 2006
                      yeah we eat our own in competition model rocketry.....

                      terry dean

                      --- In contestRoc@yahoogroups.com, "Larry B. Rice" <larryr33323@...>
                      wrote:

                      > --- In contestRoc@yahoogroups.com, "eds55555" <e1s1@> wrote:
                      > >
                      > > I'm currently one number.....
                      > >
                      > > In your face!!!!!!!!!
                      > >
                      > > http://nar.org/competition/NARpoints.shtml
                      > >
                      > > All I was trying to do was make the sport a bit safer and you
                      guys
                      > all
                      > > pound on me.
                      > >
                      > > Ernest Strother
                      > > NAR # 76992 L2
                      > >

                      > Ernest,
                      > Good job on being in first place at the moment.
                      >
                      > But the reason _people were mean to me_ was that you came out
                      > on the group in a contemptuous and rude manner 8). That and your
                      > frequent grammatical errors made it easy to poke fun at you.
                      > This illustrates the ease in which many people on-line today
                      > behave in a manner they would hardly do in a real-life situation.
                      > An analogy here would be if you would go into a _Brokeback Mountain_
                      > convention (Read: mostly Gay) and say "If you f*ckin fags don't
                      start
                      > wearin' condoms you'll go to Hell !!" 8<O
                      > A closer to home analogy would be if you were to go into a group
                      of
                      > NAR members at a NARAM and act the way you did (in the begining).
                      Some
                      > rocketeers would be hard-pressed not to _Jap Slap_ (actually this
                      > isn't that easy to do- requires some martial art training) you.
                      > You and I might have exchanged greetings at a past Texas (or
                      > another) NARAM, I'm not sure. So I have nothing against you
                      personal-
                      > ly. If you'd like we could discuss Superman and Bizzarro World off-
                      > group also 8). And as Terry (Shockie) said. Don't take those barbs
                      > so seriously .
                      >
                      > Skyward,
                      > Larry Rice -Columbus, OH

                    • John Buckley
                      Message 10 of 11 , Apr 7, 2006
                        And actually, if you get pounded on, you know that people are listening to
                        you. And hey, go ahead and pound back, some of us actually like it!
                        Anyway, there's a saying about wrestling with a pig in mud, sooner or
                        later you realize that that the pig is enjoying it!!

                        John Buckley

                        Team in Training participant

                        100 mile bike ride for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society

                        Donate at http://www.active.com/donate/tntgmo/JohnBuckley

                        America's Most Beautiful Bike Ride: http://www.bikethewest.com/AMBRR.html

                        "In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In
                        practice, however, there is".

                        Jan van de Snepscheut

                        On Thu, 6 Apr 2006, shockie wrote:

                        > ernest:
                        >
                        > pounding people in here, is commonplace....don't take it personally.....
                        >
                        > terry dean
                        >
                        > --- In contestRoc@yahoogroups.com, "eds55555" <e1s1@...> wrote:
                        > >
                        > > I'm currently one number.....
                        > >
                        > > In your face!!!!!!!!!
                        > >
                        > > http://nar.org/competition/NARpoints.shtml
                        > >
                        > > All I was trying to do was make the sport a bit safer and you guys
                        > all
                        > > pound on me.
                        > >
                        > > Ernest Strother
                        > > NAR # 76992 L2
                        > >

                        > Yahoo! Groups Links

                      • eds55555
                        Message 11 of 11 , Apr 12, 2006
                          Your post reminds me that quote from Churchill :

                          You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something,
                          sometime in your life.
                          Winston Churchill

                          Ernest Strother
                          NAR 76992

                          I quess you people are going to slam me for quoting Churchill anyone
                          interested in other quotes can read them at

                          http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/w/winston_churchill.html