Go Sage Go

  • RMCCC
    Message 1 of 8451 , Oct 1, 1998
    • e_kole
      Message 8451 of 8451 , Feb 28, 2002
        Hello Jimmy319, Thank you for an interesting
        post. You wrote in part: �. . . What is my point?
        Obviously that if you are truly wanting a restoration of
        the intent and purposes of the constitution, you
        should be looking for a new candidate which exemplifies
        the beliefs men like Jefferson or Jackson. . . .
        �<br><br>I believe you conclusion begs some manner of form
        and definition. You seem to believe that if one wears
        Jefferson's or Jackson's political hat one also wears that of
        the Constitution. That Jefferson and Jackson
        political intents are equal to those of the Constitution.
        This may -- or -- may not be true, but I believe the
        Founding Generation's Constitution is based more on truths
        about themselves and the Common Law than the politics
        as practiced by select individuals and groups.
        there were Common Laws. It would be helpful if you
        would state the foundations and reasons of your faith
        in Jefferson and Jackson by dealing in specifics
        rather than generalities. Exactly what part - or parts
        -- of the Constitution exemplifies the
        [Constitutional] beliefs of Jefferson and Jackson? After making
        those distinctions, let us then discuss the
        Constitution's intent and compare their beliefs and acts with
        that Intent. <br><br>Without definition your comments
        are as meaningful as the sizzle of a steak roasting
        on an open grill. Smells good -- sounds good -- and
        it holds much promise -- but if we cannot get into
        the meat of the issue[s], we will starve to death.