Caligari-What Cesare says to Alan.

  • SJB
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 29, 1998
      Seems like a few weeks ago, someone was asking exactly what Cesare said
      to Alan when Alan asks how long he has to live. The English title
      insert says "Til dawn".
      I found an article about Hans Heinrich von Twardoswski in a recent issue
      of "Film-dienst" magazine in which that scene is discussed. According
      to the article, Cesare's answer is "Bis zum Morgen". (The article is
      called "Von Caligari bis Casablanca, Der vergessene Schauspieler Hans
      Heirich von Twardowski".) If anyone wants a copy of the article, let me
      know. It includes a photo of von Twardowski and Fern Andra in "Genuine"
      (1920).

      Sandy