Waxworks

  • Barbara Peterson
    Message 1 of 6 , May 3, 2005
      I just bought this DVD from Amazon.com, intending on
      taking screencaps of the Conrad Veidt story (Ivan the
      terrible) and putting them on the web.

      BUt the darn thing doesn't play with PowerDVD (which
      enables me to take screencaps). In fact, it doesn't
      play on my external DVD player at all. It plays on
      the 'life-size' DVD player connected to my tv, and it
      plays on my dad's and sisters macs - but not using
      PowerDVD but rather some other player.

      And it's a real pity because the quality of this
      movie, from what I've seen of it, is so much better
      than the Cabinet of Caligari and Student of PRague
      that I have. Scenes are tinted various colors, the
      camera doesn't jump, etc...

      I am so bummed I had to vent!

      O'Shoppe

      O'Shoppe - Books About Georgia O'Keeffe