Re: [connectikiters] CTKiters Kite Retreat Weekend Workshop

  • slinskyl@aol.com
    Message 1 of 18 , Dec 21, 2000
      Peter -

      What is your schedule like over the next week or so?

      Lisa in Norwalk

      ****************
      Lisa K. Slinsky
      Alzac Hounds
      http://members.aol.com/alzachound/alzac.htm
    • Ron Graziano
      Message 2 of 18 , Dec 22, 2000
        Hi Peter -

        If its dual-line tricks you want to learn, the place to go is Harkness State Park (Waterford, CT).  During the warmer months, there's a bunch of us that hang out there every weekend, and we're all dedicated trick-flyers.  During the nastier months (December, for instance), we don't hang out and do much recreational trick flying; my flying sessions are limited to practice for upcoming competitions (like Treasure Island, FL next month !).  I go out on the field, practice a few compulsories, get back in the car and defrost, go back out on the field and practice a little more, get back in the car, etc......

        Waterford may seem like a long way to go to fly kites (I know because I travel from Seymour to get there), but as anyone will tell you, it's well worth it.  Harkness is without a doubt the best place to fly in CT, and probably one of the best in New England.

        If you find yourself at Harkness during the spring, summer, or fall, just stop by and say hello.  You can't miss us - we're either out on the field in front of the mansion, or hanging out under the "kiteflyer's trees".

        Hope to see you out there.

        -Ron
        Message 3 of 18 , Dec 23, 2000
          Put me on the list - registration goes in the mail today! This posting
          sure got lots of attention! Happy Holidays to all! But new of Jef's death
          slows us down a little! Jean Ann Moore