[connectikiters] Workshop

  • Larry Zaleski
    Message 1 of 29 , Mar 6, 2000
      The workshop was a great event. I actually finished my basic ROK (sans
      Snoopy) and even got a chance to put it in the air for 10 minutes before
      swimming practice. (I coach our Milford Special Olympics team). Silver
      Sands was extremely blustery, only put up about 60 ft of line. Kite
      tracked great "right out of the box". Thanks Gary for good directions.
      Thanks everyone for a good weekend, look forward to another.
      We do need more workspace for a gang like this though.
      Helene and Kris say hi to all, sorry they couldn't stop by.

      Larry
    • Glen Bertholf
      Message 2 of 29 , Dec 22, 2000
        We'll be sending in the nice registration form to make it official,
        but we'll both be coming to the workshop, so please save us
        two spots.

        And Happy Holidays to all. Look forward to seeing you in March.

        Glen & Edna Bertholf
      • Alice Chittenden
        Message 3 of 29 , Mar 12, 2001
          To all at the workshop,

          Great organization, great food, great time , great kites. What more can
          I say except thanks to all of you who had a part in making this happen.

          Alice Chittenden
        • kitester_jan
          Message 4 of 29 , Jan 4, 2002
            Highya kiters__!

            Sorry but I'll be computer guruing all weekend for my daughter. Hafta
            balance activities carefully. Annual meeting's out, but I AM
            interested in the 12' RWB delta workshop. I haven't seen any date for
            it so far, but I'll keep a'watchin. Big??? U betcha! I wanna hoist a
            ton of line laundry with that thang.

            BTW, it was thrilling to see my poem in the newsletter. Thanks,
            Gary! (I needed that!)

            Now it's about this puzzle........... *chuckle*

            Jan Strollo

            e-dress:
            kiteflier@...
          • gengvall@aol.com
            Message 5 of 29 , Jan 5, 2002
              In a message dated 1/4/02 10:41:04 PM Eastern Standard Time, kiteflier@... writes:

              I haven't seen any date for
              it so far, but I'll keep a'watchin.

              The Workshop is March 9 & 10.
              It's at the Masonic Lodge on Whitney Ave in New Haven, CT

              We'll have directions in the newsletter closer to the day of the workshop.

              good heavens;
              gary engvall

              Home Page

              Kite Events Page
            • Richard Bromley
              Message 6 of 29 , Feb 20, 2002
                To all members who plan to attend the workshop this year;  By now you all have the application in the newsletter which must be filled out and sent in by March 1st., which is the cut off date.  This is a must as we have to know what you are planning to make, so that Steve can bring enough materials for all the projects.  Read Marc's e-mail as an example of what  is needed for his project. We also have to know how many Jim has to cook for.  I need to know how many sets of instructions to print, tables and chairs to set up, etc.
                So, please get me the info ASAP
                To those who just sent me a check must also send the form in.  We must have a count or somebody will be disappointed.  Please, again I say,ASAP. Thanks,
                                                                  Good Winds.....Richard Bromley
              • gengvall@aol.com
                Message 7 of 29 , Feb 20, 2002
                  In a message dated 2/20/02 3:58:22 PM Eastern Standard Time, arembe@... writes:

                  To those who just sent me a check must also send the form in.  We must have a count or somebody will be disappointed.

                  A really quick way to handle this now while you are thinking of it is to go the workshop web page, copy the form that is there, and paste it into an e-amil to Richard, telling him what projects you would like to make. There is a link to Richard's e-mail right on the form on the web page.

                  Click here: ConnectiKITER Workshop 2002 info

                  good heavens;
                  gary engvall

                  Home Page

                  Kite Events Page
                • maggiekite@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 29 , Feb 7, 2003
                    Anyone planning on going to the Connectikiters workshop should let Richard
                    Bromley know. It helps to know how to plan for food,tables ect.

                    Please send colors wanted for kits to Gary. More will be posted about prices
                    later.
                  • Richard Bromley
                    Message 9 of 29 , Feb 7, 2003
                      Maggie, thanks for your help, but this will have to be transferred to somebody else. It's just too much for me to handle at the present time. I have sent in my resignation to the BOD, so somebody else will have to worry about the workshop. Sorry, I should have sent it to Gary also, but I'm not thinking straight at the present time. If I can make it on Sunday, we can talk then. Good Winds... Richard Bromley

                      Anyone planning on going to the Connectikiters workshop should let Richard
                      Bromley know. It helps to know how to plan for food,tables ect.

                      Please send colors wanted for kits to Gary. More will be posted about prices
                      later.

                      Club motto: "Just for the FUN of IT!"

                    • Maggie
                      Message 10 of 29 , Jan 18, 2009
                        Hi, Everyone,
                        I would be in favor of doing the Papillon Kite for the workshop. It is a
                        very nice kite.

                        If you have other ideas let discuss it here.

                        This is one item we need to cover today so we can set up the workshop.

                        Maggie
                      • Richard Bromley
                        Message 11 of 29 , Feb 21, 2009
                          Papillon Workshop
                          Masonicare, Wallingford
                          March 22,2009

                          This event will soon be here with just a month to go. That means, we have to know who and how many will be attending.  Orders for the kits will have to be in by Feb. 27th.   The cost is $25 for the workshop (hall and food), and $17 for the kit. You can use your own fabric (1-1/2 Yds.), order it from Steve and tell him to ship it with the kits, or buy it from the club.  The colors I have are as follows;
                          White, Red, Lt. Blue, Dk. Blue. Brown, Med. Blue, Yellow, Orange, plus Dk.and Med. Green.  If you want a sample, let me know and I'll mail one to you.  I'd like to know as soon as possible so I can have it cut in time and to be sure I have enough of the color you want.  You can pay for everything at the workshop.  Gary will order the kits, but let me know and I will tell him the final amount to buy.
                          So far, I have 20 people signed up.  If your name is not on the list, let me know and I will try to figure something out.  We are almost at our limit.

                          Jan and Doug Coates                       Bob and Martha Enright
                          Willa and Sally Eckersley                  Dave Olsen
                          Brad Weiner                                       Frankllin Zito
                          Gary and Maggie Engvill                   Richard Bromley
                          Dave Cannell                                      Charles and Dorothy Stewart
                          Larry Zaleski                                       Joe T.]
                          Beth St. Pierre                                    Tom   ]   per Gary
                                                                                        Sandy]

                          Any changes or additions?  Let me know.

                          Good Winds... Richard Bromley
                          (203) 288-1582

                        • halapin.learn.syst@snet.net
                          Message 12 of 29 , Feb 26, 2009
                             Richard,

                            I (Tom H) will be attending the workshop. I will be using my own fabric so just need the frame.
                            Thanks!
                            Tom H.

                          • Richard Bromley
                            Message 13 of 29 , Feb 8, 2011
                              If there is anybody who wants to do the workshop and hasn't told me so, the time is just about up.
                              So far, we have 10 people making the kite.  If you are interested, please let me know, as I'm sending the list to Dick in a day or so. He has to start making the kits, and we want to give him enough time.
                              Good Winds... Richard
                              Message 14 of 29 , Mar 12, 2011
                                The Kitemaking workshop led by Dick Maciel will take place on Sunday.

                                Next fly will take place Sunday, April 10, 2011 at Savin Rock.
                                --
                                Maggie Engvall
                                AKA Region One Director
                                Message 15 of 29 , Feb 26, 2012
                                  Hi, Everyone,
                                  The workshop will take place on March 11, 2012 at Masonicare in Wallingford, CT.
                                  Lunch will be provided by Jim and Peg Burnett.
                                  Gary will be making up kites for the kite. Price will be coming.

                                  If you would like to come and see what goes on at the workshop you are welcome to visit.
                                   If you want to bring something to share with everyone it will not be turned away.
                                  Hope to see you on the 11th.

                                  More information is coming.

                                  Maggie Engvall
                                  AKA Region One Director
                                  The American Kitefliers Association
                                • Robert DeBonis
                                  Message 16 of 29 , Feb 27, 2012
                                    Hi Maggie,

                                    Can I attend the workshop if I don't know how to sew?

                                    Thanks,

                                    Bob DeBonis

                                    Message 17 of 29 , Mar 4, 2012
                                      Maggie,

                                      Unfortunately I'm not going to be able to make it to the workshop this year, something that I've missed for the last couple of years 8-(

                                      Thanks, Dave

                                      Message 18 of 29 , Feb 8, 2013
                                        Hi Everyone,
                                        At this time the snow should be out of here by Noon Saturday. The roads should be clear on Sunday morning. At this time it will be a wait and see.
                                        I really don't know what else to say.
                                        Message 19 of 29 , Feb 13, 2013
                                          Hi, Everyone,
                                          The Flake workshop will be March 3 at the Masonicare auditorium. That is the same room we had the Christmas party in.

                                          The cost of the workshop will be:

                                          SquareFlake $12.00 for the kit and $20.00 for the workshop to cover room and other expenses for a total of $32.00

                                          SnowFlake   $25.00 for the kit and $20.00 for the workshop for a total of $45.00.

                                          The cafeteria should be open. We will have coffee and tea in the room. I will be bringing Chili and cornbread. I may bring a few other things.
                                          If you would like to bring something to share please let me know. I will post a list sometime at the end of the month after I hear from people.

                                          If you want to make a Rok at the March 10th workshop please let us know. We will have to place an order for sticks and I need to know how many to get.

                                          Message 20 of 29 , Jan 27, 2014
                                            The Brandes Flare Kite Making workshop will take place Sunday February 9
                                            at the Masonicare in Wallingford CT.
                                            Gary has posted about the sticks for the kite. We need to order them
                                            this week to have them for the workshop. Let Gary know how many sets you
                                            would like for the kite. It will take about 10 days for us to get them.
                                            Gary will be posting about the fabric for the kite this week.

                                            I will have a table set up for food for the workshop. Please let us know
                                            if you will be coming so we have enough tables for the workshop.
                                            Thanks
                                            Maggie
                                          • rocfighter
                                            Message 21 of 29 , Jan 27, 2014
                                              Hi Maggie, Sandy and I are planning to attend the workshop but we are just going to hang out and give immoral eerr uumm moral support. And maybe show off some pictures of our trip.
                                               Dave.

                                              Sent from Samsung tablet

                                              Message 22 of 29 , Feb 20, 2015
                                                Hi, Everyone,
                                                Please let us know what color you would like for your ball and what
                                                color you would like for the spikes.
                                                We may need to get an order in for fabric.
                                                Please let us know if you are coming.

                                                I need to confirm how many tables we will need.

                                                Looking forward to hearing from you.

                                                Maggie
                                              • dave olsen
                                                Message 23 of 29 , Feb 21, 2015
                                                  Hello Sandy would like Turquoise ball and yellow spikes. (but green will due)
                                                  I would like Red ball and Blue spikes.
                                                   I have an event in Worcester the night before so I hope to be there on time. If not I'll bring donuts and an apple for the teacher.
                                                  Dave.

                                                  On Friday, February 20, 2015 11:29 PM, "Maggie Engvall maggiekite@... [connectikiters]" <connectikiters@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

                                                  Hi, Everyone,
                                                  Please let us know what color you would like for your ball and what
                                                  color you would like for the spikes.
                                                  We may need to get an order in for fabric.
                                                  Please let us know if you are coming.

                                                  I need to confirm how many tables we will need.

                                                  Looking forward to hearing from you.

                                                  Maggie

                                                • Ray
                                                  Message 24 of 29 , Feb 21, 2015

                                                    Hi Maggie

                                                    I will attend. I want 2 kits.     Ray G.

                                                    Ball              Spikes

                                                    Blue            White

                                                    Yellow         Red

                                                    Please let us know what color you would like for your ball and what
                                                    color you would like for the spikes.
                                                    We may need to get an order in for fabric.
                                                    Please let us know if you are coming.

                                                    I need to confirm how many tables we will need.

                                                    Looking forward to hearing from you.

                                                    Do you have a slow PC? Try a free scan!
                                                  • Ray
                                                    Message 25 of 29 , Feb 22, 2015

                                                      Maggie , Gary

                                                      If you didn’t cut the material for my Spiky Ball Would you change the

                                                      Blue to white ball with Blue spikes. If you already cut it that’s ok too.

                                                      Message 26 of 29 , Feb 23, 2015
                                                        This is what we have for the workshop:

                                                        Franklin....................................Ball- yellow
                                                        spikes-red will not attend.
                                                        Sandy........................................Ball-turquoise
                                                        Spikes-yellow will attend(green will work)
                                                        Dave..........................................Ball-red
                                                        Spikes-blue will attend
                                                        Ray.............................................Ball-white Spikes-
                                                        blue will attend
                                                        Ray.............................................Ball- yellow
                                                        Spikes-red
                                                        Macques....................................Ball-red or orange
                                                        Spikes-yellow will attend

                                                        Let me know if I missed someone.
                                                        Please try to let us know in the next two days.
                                                        Thank you
                                                        Message 27 of 29 , Feb 7, 2016
                                                          Hi, Everyone,
                                                          If you have not let me know if you are coming, please do so.

                                                          We are still looking at prices. We might have to do a room charge
                                                          looking at he number that are planning on coming.

                                                          Please let me know what color you would like for your kit. Please pick
                                                          two colors.

                                                          Thank you
                                                          Message 28 of 29 , Feb 29, 2016
                                                            Hi, Everyone,
                                                            I need to know how many are planning on coming for the workshop. I need
                                                            to contact Masonicare for the room setup. I need to know how many tables
                                                            to set up.

                                                            Remember we will lose an hour. Daylight Saving Time Begins on the 13th.

                                                            It would help if Gary is informed which two colors you would like for
                                                            your tales. Remember you can also bring other projects to finish up.

                                                            See you on the 13th.

                                                            Message 29 of 29 , Mar 9, 2016
                                                              Hi, Everyone,
                                                              The workshop is this Sunday.
                                                              Please let us know if you are coming.
                                                              If you haven't given Gary the two colors for your tails please do so,
                                                              also the color (white, yellow or red) and size of your pole for the sleeve.

                                                              We have the room confirmed from 8:30 to 4:00pm.

                                                              Remember we loose an hour.