found excellent wind forecast website

  • rita
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 28 7:39 AM
      Hello

      Everyone

      I found a website that appears to be dedicated to forecasting wind speeds for windsurfing (a gonzo sport) sailing, hang gliding and so forth.

      http://www.windfinder.com/weatherforecast/

      if you use the superforecast option it gives an hour to hour.

      seems it only finds bigger locations, like Boston or Newport, but you can then select a spot closer when the station map shows up.

      needed to decide if an hours drive to Framingham mass festival today was worth the effort.

      showed low wind forecast so we skipped it and stayed put to work on more flying monkey kites to surround my wicked witch of the east kite.

      even though low winds at a festival means monster bubbles, the 120 mile drive was not worth it.

      Another discovery. I found in the lucky$mart store $1.29 clear plastic shower curtains. They have made an excellent base for spray gluing ripstop nylon and they are just the right weight to fly perfectly.

      Next project, for a memorial day patriotic kite fly is ben franklin flying his kite and getting zapped by lighting. well we'll see.

      hopes this is helpful

      Vince