Storm damage,

    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 4, 2012
      Hi, I was checking to see how everyone fared with Sandy.
      We did not have any damage and no power loss. Now we have to clean up the leaves and branches.

      I heard from Doug and Jan that they only had branches down and not other damage. No power loss either.

      Bob and Martha had a tree down in their back yard and a short power outage.

      How did everyone else do?

      Has anyone been to Hammonasset this week to see how things are?

      Hope everyone has a nice day.
      Maggie Engvall
      AKA Region One Director
      The American Kitefliers Association
    • Robert DeBonis
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 4, 2012
        Hi Maggie,

        I'm live in Brooklyn, NY and I had no Electric Power for 6 days. I was lucky though, no trees went down near my house, I lost a few shingles from my garage roof and there was no flooding even though I'm about 5 minutes from Gerritson Beach which was devastated with severe flooding. I lost a ton of food including about 10 lbs of Prime Steaks, Shrimps etc. I've decided these type of storms are becoming more frequent and I will invest the money and get a total home Natural Gas Generator by next spring, as well as Federal Flood Insurance as soon as I can. The storm was the most horrendous I have ever been in except for a Pacific Typhoon off the island of Mindanao in the Philippines years ago when I was in the Navy. The best news though is that my wife and I, our 3 cats and all my Kites made it through High and Dry.

        My regards to Gary,

        Bob DeBonis