Fwd: AKA auction: from Dick Maciel

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 3, 2011

    AKA’s 34th Annual National Convention Auction Donation Request
    It’s that time of year again and this year more than ever we need your help!!

    Hi, let me introduce myself. I'm Dick Maciel and I'm representing the American Kitefliers Association (AKA). We number 3500 plus members throughout the world though most of these members are in the US. Each year we hold an Annual Convention, this year's being our 34th, which will be held in Wildwood, NJ September 26 till October 1, 2011. Along with the Convention there is our Annual Auction.   Greg Lamoureux <auction@...> is Chairperson of the Auction Committee and I have been charged to help with soliciting donations. The Annual Auction is the AKA's main fundraiser for the year.

    How would you like to help the AKA have the greatest auction ever by helping us raise more money than last year? What we need are items to Auction. This year plans are to have loud and silent auctions, bag raffles and if need be a cash and carry booth.

    Wouldn’t you like to have your product auctioned off.  You make many interesting and unique items and where else but at a convention of Kiteflyers could your name get the exposure to that many people interested in our passion.

    We would appreciate any size or type of kite or kite related items; unique, one of a kind pieces are really great. Size can be from postage stamps to that of the sky. We are also looking for things that help protect us (sunscreen, portable cabanas, etc) and things that help us relax.

    Remember, this is the AKA's largest single fundraiser the entire year.

    Also all items are tax deductible.

    We are accepting donations now and will be until the day of the Auction.  It would make our job easier if we got your donation ASAP so that they can be cataloged and made ready.  Deadline for shipping items is that they arrive no later than September 23, 2011.  If it needs to arrive after that date, contact Gregory Lamoureux or the AKA Office for shipping instructions.

    If you have any question please feel free to contact us at:
    Dick Maciel
                                  Gregory Lamoureux

    Thanks for considering this and good winds…XXXXX

    PS: The AKA is a non-profit organization and is run by volunteers.

    AKA Donor information forms are available, go to http://www.aka.kite.org/data/download/pdf/AKA_Auction_Donor_Form.pdf
    Or see the attached form.