Re: [connectikiters] Park fees

  • josephcarpentry
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 29, 2010
      The way it worked at Sherwood island was, I showed my I.D. and asked for the senior pass, and received it, on the spot. This may not be that easy at other stations, but it certainly is worth a try. I wasn't aware of this until someone mentioned it to me. I was happy to pass it on, hey, we all need a break at our age! Good luck!
      Joe Fischer-(please note the "C' in the middle of Fischer, thank you.)

      Sent: Thursday, April 29, 2010 3:19 AM
      Subject: Re: [connectikiters] Park fees

      Thanks to Joe  Fisher...... ...any senior age  65 or over.. can get a free pass into
      any Ct. state [park....... ..by showing your I.D. AT pay station..... ........per Joe Fisher.
      info........ .....below. ........

      From: josephcarpentry <josephcarpentry@ sbcglobal. net>
      To: connectikiters@ yahoogroups. com
      Date: Wednesday, April 28, 2010, 7:29 AM

      Does this mean that when you go to certain State Parks to do your thing, some of you have to pay an entry fee? If this is so, I think the rules need to be changed.
      Joe F.

      Sent: Tuesday, April 27, 2010 2:22 PM

      Charter Oak [senior] passes are not available at all parks
      http://www.ct. gov/dep/cwp/ view.asp? a=2716&q=325090&depNav_GID=1650

      josephcarpentry wrote:

      Hello all,
      Point of information: Anyone over 65 years of age can get a pass for free entry to any Ct. State Park. Show your I.D. at pay station and ask for senior pass.
      Your welcome,
      Joe Fischer

      Sent: Tuesday, April 27, 2010 12:22 PM
      Subject: [connectikiters] Park fees

      The park fees have been reduced. The fees for Hammonasset will be
      Weekend/Holiday $13.00 for residents, $22.00 for non residents and
      after 4:00PM $6.00 for residents and $7.00 for non-residents.

      Weekdays: Residents $9.00 for residents, $15.00 for non-residents and
      the after 4:00PM the fees are $6 and & $7

      Camping fees: $20.00 for residents and $30.00 for non-residents.

      Season passes are $67.00 for state and $112 for non-residents.

      Maggie

      Biology Instructor
      Greens Farms Academy
      Greens Farms, CT