Cherry Valley Welcome Party update

  • William E Coons
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 28, 2008
      Hi Fliers,

      I copied this from the flyer to save on your bandwidth...

      | CHERRY VALLY ARTWORKS WOULD LIKE TO INVITE YOU FOR AN AFTERNOON AND
      EVENING OF COUNTRY FUN. STARTING AT 4.00 PM WARM UP FOR THE NEXT DAYS
      FESTIVITIES WITH | A FUN FLY AT TUSCARORA. WANDER DOWN THE HILL FOR DRINKS
      AND BARBEQUE AT 6:OOPM. THERE WILL BE A KITE AUCTION ON SITE TO BENEFIT NYKE
      FOLLOWED BY LIVE MUSIC | AND A BONFIRE TO LIGHT UP THE NIGHT.

      | Tuscarora is the Noonan Farm located on County Rt. 50
      | Please go to our website for further directions and a schedule of events
      for the weekend

      | http://www.cvartworks.org

      Several people have responded to my request for attendance plans. Here's
      what I have so far...

      Bill & Barbara Coons
      Jeremy & Christy Johannesen
      Helen & Eric Horn
      Gary Sharp & Deb Borg
      Don Tuff & Kim Linehan
      Greg and Jackie Lamoureux
      Archie Stewart
      Glenn Davison
      Ralph Reed
      Keith Oakley & wife

      There are probably others who don't subscribe to NYKE. And I completely
      forgot to include ConnectiKITERS - which I am doing now. If there are
      mistakes or others you know of, please let me know. I'd like to be able to
      give Artworks a reasonably good count since they are supplying the food and
      drinks at this FREE welcome party.

      Many of us are staying at the Meadowlark B&B (www.themeadowlarkinn.com).
      They may still have rooms available - they are charging their regular rate.
      There are two other B&Bs I know of that have a special kiter rate: The Red
      Rooster $65 without breakfast, $80 with (http://www.redroosterbnb.com) and
      Arcadia B & B for $60.00 a night, no breakfast
      (http://www.cooperstown.net/arcadia/index.html).

      Please let me know if you will be attending,
      Bill
    • dave olsen
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 28, 2008
        Hello Bill,
          Thanks for the friendly invite. I know I am interested in this event. As I'm sure others are as well. But is there a place we can search to find dates to go along with the times?
          Thanks again.

        William E Coons <wcoons@...> wrote:
        Hi Fliers,

        I copied this from the flyer to save on your bandwidth...

        | CHERRY VALLY ARTWORKS WOULD LIKE TO INVITE YOU FOR AN AFTERNOON AND
        EVENING OF COUNTRY FUN. STARTING AT 4.00 PM WARM UP FOR THE NEXT DAYS
        FESTIVITIES WITH | A FUN FLY AT TUSCARORA. WANDER DOWN THE HILL FOR DRINKS
        AND BARBEQUE AT 6:OOPM. THERE WILL BE A KITE AUCTION ON SITE TO BENEFIT NYKE
        FOLLOWED BY LIVE MUSIC | AND A BONFIRE TO LIGHT UP THE NIGHT.

        | Tuscarora is the Noonan Farm located on County Rt. 50
        | Please go to our website for further directions and a schedule of events
        for the weekend

        | http://www.cvartwor ks.org

        Several people have responded to my request for attendance plans. Here's
        what I have so far...

        Bill & Barbara Coons
        Jeremy & Christy Johannesen
        Helen & Eric Horn
        Gary Sharp & Deb Borg
        Don Tuff & Kim Linehan
        Greg and Jackie Lamoureux
        Archie Stewart
        Glenn Davison
        Ralph Reed
        Keith Oakley & wife

        There are probably others who don't subscribe to NYKE. And I completely
        forgot to include ConnectiKITERS - which I am doing now. If there are
        mistakes or others you know of, please let me know. I'd like to be able to
        give Artworks a reasonably good count since they are supplying the food and
        drinks at this FREE welcome party.

        Many of us are staying at the Meadowlark B&B (www.themeadowlarki nn.com).
        They may still have rooms available - they are charging their regular rate.
        There are two other B&Bs I know of that have a special kiter rate: The Red
        Rooster $65 without breakfast, $80 with (http://www.redroost erbnb.com) and
        Arcadia B & B for $60.00 a night, no breakfast
        (http://www.cooperst own.net/arcadia/ index.html).

        Please let me know if you will be attending,
        Bill

        Fly the Jolly Rodger High, Dave Olsen.
      • William E Coons
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 28, 2008
          Yes, Dave, there is - go to www.cvartworks.org and click on the EVENTS pull-down,
          then click on 2008 Kite Festival. The welcome party is on the 19th, all-day fly on the
          20th. There's a map and more details on the website.

          William E Coons <wcoons@nycap. rr.com> wrote:
          Hi Fliers,

          I copied this from the flyer to save on your bandwidth...

          | CHERRY VALLY ARTWORKS WOULD LIKE TO INVITE YOU FOR AN AFTERNOON AND
          EVENING OF COUNTRY FUN. STARTING AT 4.00 PM WARM UP FOR THE NEXT DAYS
          FESTIVITIES WITH | A FUN FLY AT TUSCARORA. WANDER DOWN THE HILL FOR DRINKS
          AND BARBEQUE AT 6:OOPM. THERE WILL BE A KITE AUCTION ON SITE TO BENEFIT NYKE
          FOLLOWED BY LIVE MUSIC | AND A BONFIRE TO LIGHT UP THE NIGHT.

          | Tuscarora is the Noonan Farm located on County Rt. 50
          | Please go to our website for further directions and a schedule of events
          for the weekend

             http://www.cvartwor ks.org

          Several people have responded to my request for attendance plans. Here's
          what I have so far...

          Bill & Barbara Coons
          Jeremy & Christy Johannesen
          Helen & Eric Horn
          Gary Sharp & Deb Borg
          Don Tuff & Kim Linehan
          Greg and Jackie Lamoureux
          Archie Stewart
          Glenn Davison
          Ralph Reed
          Keith Oakley & wife

          There are probably others who don't subscribe to NYKE. And I completely
          forgot to include ConnectiKITERS - which I am doing now. If there are
          mistakes or others you know of, please let me know. I'd like to be able to
          give Artworks a reasonably good count since they are supplying the food and
          drinks at this FREE welcome party.

          Many of us are staying at the Meadowlark B&B (www.themeadowlarki nn.com).
          They may still have rooms available - they are charging their regular rate.
          There are two other B&Bs I know of that have a special kiter rate: The Red
          Rooster $65 without breakfast, $80 with (http://www.redroost erbnb.com) and
          Arcadia B & B for $60.00 a night, no breakfast
          (http://www.cooperst own.net/arcadia/ index.html).

          Please let me know if you will be attending,
          Bill

          Fly the Jolly Rodger High, Dave Olsen.

        • keldertrapken
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 28, 2008
            Serafien is an organisation in Belgium for helping children with serious illness at home. But they are still not recognized by the Belgian authoroties. Therefore 'Serafien' organised a bet to collect 5000 pictures of people with kites from around the world. Or for example a KAP picture from another kite or a kite festive.

            The team for palliative care of children at home, connected to UZ Gasthuisberg Leuven, is always ready to help people confronted with serious illness of their child. They function completely on goodwill as they are not recognized by the authorities (palliative care of adults is recognized). Too much of their valuable time is spent on collecting funds. The action "SERAFIEN" is meant to have such palliative care of children recognized by the authorities so that there will be some kind of subsidy.

            And this is their website http://www.serafien.be (sorry, in Dutch only)

            I would like to ask to upload one or more of your beautifull pictures to help 'Serafien' reach their goal. It'll only takes 2 minutes.
            If possible ask fellow Kapers or kiters to do this too. Reaching the whole globe would be fantastic.

            You can upload your pictures here... http://foto.zita.be/6857484196

            1/ In the 1st box, choose 'bladeren (=browse)' to select the file.
            2/ In the 2nd box, enter the location where the picture is taken with some short info (in your language) and maybe your name or hometown
            3/ Press 'opladen (=upload)' That's all.

            The end result is planned for december and will be displayed in a big show in Antwerp

            Many thanks for your help,

            Gunther Jaspers

            --
            Kultuurgroep Keldertrapken