Re: [connectikiters] Connecticut Rev Mega Fly!

  • dave olsen
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 29, 2008
      Now that is a kite flyer for sure!

      ubrokeit@... wrote:
      We Fly in SNOW .

      In a message dated 2/28/2008 11:09:27 A.M. Eastern Standard Time, fes_net@yahoo. com writes:
      Will there be a "snow date" for this?

      Ed Szekeres

      ----- Original Message ----
      From: Doug Coates <dcoates01@snet. net>
      To: ConnectiKITERS <connectikiters@ yahoogroups. com>; CTkiters <CTKiters@yahoogroup s.com>; LHSO14B <LHSO14B@yahoogroups .com>; NYKE <nyke@yahoogroups. com>; NEKITE <nekite@lists. nekite.org>
      Sent: Wednesday, February 27, 2008 1:42:04 PM
      Subject: [connectikiters] Connecticut Rev Mega Fly!

      Attention Rev Fliers and all who are interested,

      My friend and fearless Team Leader, Scott Weider is looking to organize the first of many Rev Mega Flys in the New England area.

      The first will be at Hammonasett State Park in Madison, CT this Saturday March 1st.  Flying will be at "West Beach" between 11:00am and 4:00pm on Saturday.

      So far Scott has recruited himself, Karl Berg, myself, and Brad Weiner is coming from New Jersey.

      Cya there!
      Doug

      PS  Scott is also looking to put together another Megga Fly somewhere in Rhode Island on Sunday.

      Fly the Jolly Rodger High, Dave Olsen.
    • michel@coriolis.cc
      Message 2 of 11 , Feb 29, 2008
        Hello All!

        I'll be in Ct for the week and will miss the Saturday Mega Rev because I am arriving Sunday.
        I know it's the workshop for the Ct club,  but I'll go at Hammonasset Sunday.

        I got all Level One Genesis  SUL, UL, Std, and Vented to fly teem dual lines with me.
        Got Barresi's Gold and Lime complete line and handle for good price.

        Coriolis Kites store is at 67 Audubon street, New Haven Ct, 203-772-4722

        Michel Gagnon

        Message 3 of 11 , Feb 29, 2008
          Ok, so I am a wimp....

          Fixed Event Software
          http://www.fes-net.com

          Message 4 of 11 , Mar 2 5:54 AM
            How was the mega rev?

            My departure is delay.

            will be in ct by monday

            Anybody interested to fly this week?

            Michel

            Message 5 of 11 , Mar 2 6:53 PM
              I was wondering Michel as I was out at Hammonasset today and didn't see you.

              I took my daughter and dropped in on the Rev and watch Doug and Scott do a few routines....it was cloudy with a few snow showers and rain early on, wind was up so it was strictly for venteds.

              Today weather was beautiful, but winds were again brisk with choppy gusts up to 27mph (when I was recording) and average around 18-20mph.   The only thing I was flying was my Prism QPro vented with all the panel off.  Was a workout.

              If the weather cooperates, I may  be out with a fellow Prism enthusiast visiting from Israel on Friday afternoon...I have several new (custom sail) kites coming in this week so I do hope the weather is not horrid.  I just will not be flying in cold rain.

              I hope the work shop was a success and will be interested in seeing some of the club members handy work

              Cheers

              Edward

              From: Fixed Event <fes_net@yahoo. com>
              Date: Fri, February 29, 2008 8:24 pm
              To: connectikiters@ yahoogroups. com

              Ok, so I am a wimp....

              Fixed Event Software
              http://www.fes- net.com

              Message 6 of 11 , Mar 3 8:10 AM
                Had to stay in Quebec for Sunday. It was perfect wind with sunset on the beautiful icy St-Laurent river.
                The store in Ct will be on line this week. Most brand will be available including Prism.
                Any interest in team fly?
                Michel

                From: Fixed Event <fes_net@yahoo. com>
                Date: Fri, February 29, 2008 8:24 pm
                To: connectikiters@ yahoogroups. com

                Ok, so I am a wimp....

                Fixed Event Software
                http://www.fes- net.com

                Message 7 of 11 , Mar 3 9:23 AM
                  Hi Michel,

                  We flew on Saturday, despite the weather.  I arrived about 11:45 and Brad Weiner was at West Beach already.  We set up "B" Series vents to start with.  Scott and Darren arived about 12:30 and set up their vented Revs also.

                  We flew for a while until the sky to the west started to get black.  Brad brought a 10 x10 pop up with side curtains.  While in the process of setting up the pop up, the wind picked up.  We almost launched the pop up due to the ground being frozen and not being able to get the stakes in the ground.  Anyway, rain, snow and blustery wind until the front passed.  We did have to call Karl Berg at home about 2:00 to coax him to come and play with us.  By the time Karl got there the weather had settled down a bit.

                  We flew as a group, with Scott in the lead, in variable winds until about 5:00 or 5:30.   We had a blast!  I can't wait to see what we can do in a nice steady wind, Woo Hoo!

                  Cya at the next Mega Fly!

                  Doug  :-)