CPTV

  • Larry Zaleski
    Message 1 of 19 , Mar 23, 2007
      Connecticut Public Television is going to do a segment of "Positively Connecticut" with Diane Smith.  They will be shooting at the Hammonasset Kite Festival on May 19, and there will also be a short session this Tuesday, 3/27, also at Hammonasset, for the purpose of interviews with Diane, as she will not be in town in May.  Our window for this is from noon to about 2:30, if anyone feels like dropping in, please do.
      Larry
    • deepwoods1965
      Message 2 of 19 , Mar 23, 2007
        Sounds great. I can most likely get there.
        Fly the Jolly Rodger High, Dave.

        --- In connectikiters@yahoogroups.com, Larry Zaleski <lzaleski@...>
        wrote:

        > Connecticut Public Television is going to do a segment
        of "Positively
        > Connecticut" with Diane Smith. They will be shooting at the
        Hammonasset
        > Kite Festival on May 19, and there will also be a short session this
        > Tuesday, 3/27, also at Hammonasset, for the purpose of interviews
        with
        > Diane, as she will not be in town in May. Our window for this is
        from
        > noon to about 2:30, if anyone feels like dropping in, please do.
        > Larry

      • Rick Granese Jr.
        Message 3 of 19 , Mar 25, 2007
          Hi Larry are you saying you would like members to show and Fly on Tue
          the 27th ?
        • Larry Zaleski
          Message 4 of 19 , Mar 25, 2007
            If you are available, it wouldn't hurt.

            Message 5 of 19 , Mar 28, 2007
              Just an update:
              Diane Smith and the camera crew from her CPTV program, Positively Connecticut, came down to Hammonasset Tuesday to do the interviews for the kiting segment of an upcoming show.  They will be coming back for the Festival in May for the "action" shots.  We did have kites in the sky for them, Diane even got to make and fly a 'frustrationless flier'.  Too bad the wind didn't co-operate for the Manta until after they left.
              Thanks to those of you that showed up, you were more than we expected, but I know you can count on Connectikiters to fly just for the fun of it.
              Larry
            • Larry Zaleski
                            Message 13 of 19 , Mar 29, 2007
                              Hi Larry,  Glad you had a good turnout----I was at the hospital for PT which couldn't be cancelled.  I do have a question;  why did I receive this e-mail 14 times?  Maybe you could send Jack an article about who was there, what was flown, the weather and anything else you can think of.
                              Good Winds... Richard

                              Message 14 of 19 , Sep 30, 2011
                                CPTV would like to do a segment with the ConnectiKiters for the "All Things Connecticut" program.  They would like to get this into their production schedule during October or early November.  They do not work on Sundays, so would like to know if we could have a few people during the week, like we did with Diane Smith a few years back.  If any of you would be interested in doing this, please get back to me so that we might be able to do this.
                                Thanks
                                Larry
                              • Larry Zaleski
                                Message 15 of 19 , Oct 1, 2011
                                  I should have been clearer with this.  I am looking to see if there is enough interest for this, it seems there will be, so then I will try to set up something with CPTV for a date and time, most likely at Hammonasset.
                                  Larry

                                • Rocfighter@sbcglobal.net
                                  Message 16 of 19 , Oct 6, 2011
                                    Larry I can be avalible most days. My schedual is flexible. Let me know and if I'm in town I will be ther rain, snow, or shine. Buggying is fun in the rain!!!
                                     Dave.

                                    Message 17 of 19 , Oct 14, 2011
                                      I was wondering if anything has been organized for this as far as a date and time? I am interested in partisipating if I am able.
                                       Dave.

                                      Message 18 of 19 , Oct 14, 2011
                                        My contact is back in town, we are working on dates now, most likely 1;30 or so on a weekday.  Hammonasset is best site?
                                        Larry

                                        Message 19 of 19 , Oct 20, 2011
                                          CPTV is a go for Tuesday, 10/25, at Hammonasset.  The crew should be there about 3:00, so plan to get there early enough to get set up.
                                          Thanks
                                          Larry