Re: FW: Continuing Comments- RD1 Removal

  • deepwoods1965
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 30, 2007
      --- In connectikiters@yahoogroups.com, "Barbara Meyer" <bfmeyer@...>
      > Ok here I am again. In this paragraph you say that you expected a
      10% loss in membership over the dues increase.
      1.What is the increase?
      2.Is it over 10%?
      3.Is it going to cover the losses?
      4. What is going to be in the future?
      I have this whole Ross Perot theary going on all of the new actions
      taking place. Do any of you remember the big sucking sound theary?
      Little ole Ross was right about the federal government and I can
      here the wind starting here as well.
      In other words I fear this is going to kill the AKA. And that is a
      shame I have injoyed the friendships I have made on a national
      basis in the AKA. ANd like many others here I have no way of
      affording ot travel to visit friends so I rely on festivals
      sponsered by the AKA to visit and injoy there company.
      Ok done venting again.
      Fly the Jolly Rodger High; Dave.

      > A final comment!! If the board does remove Woody, how many
      members are going to be offended by the action? Have you considered
      this factor in your decision to remove him? The board was
      anticipating maximum 10 percent loss due to the price increase.
      But, what about the negative effect of canning Woody? It might be
      just the reason for others to consider leaving the fold. Sympathy
      always goes out to the underdog, regardless of principles involved.
      And, might I add, Woody is a pretty popular underdog, at that. Are
      you willing to take that risk over a flimsy case in point?
      > We don’t know how many will leave. My personal hope is that we
      can find a way out of this. The board has to be able to do the work
      of the AKA without getting side tracked by someone “pushing
      buttons” Yea, it’s a lot of fun to get a reaction. Do we take up
      time responding to that, or do we try to focus on improving the
      organization?