Re: [NEKITE] Hammonasset Kite Flying

  • Dave Cannell
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 1, 2007
      What a shame... Even more land paved over never to be grass again 8-(

      42 acres with much less wildlife, far fewer birds and many fewer wild
      flowers. And this is progress ?

      Personally, I'd have put up with the altitude restrictions.

      Dave - "Altitiude Enforcement Officer"
      (whose new address is dcannell@...)
      --
      On Sun, 31 Dec 2006, Cheryl Lucas wrote:

      > The local news has been airing a story stating that the Griswold Airport (next to Hammonasset State Park) is closing as of midnight tonight.
      No more planes buzzing the beach and flying fields, no restricted flying fields!!!!
      Here's the link
      http://www.nbc30.com/news/10636887/detail.html?taf=har

      Happy New Year!
      cheryl