Hammonasset Kite Flying

  • Cheryl Lucas
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 31, 2006
      The local news has been airing a story stating that the Griswold Airport (next to Hammonasset State Park) is closing as of midnight tonight.
      No more planes buzzing the beach and flying fields, no restricted flying fields!!!!
      Here's the link

      Happy New Year!
      cheryl
    • Dave Cannell
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 1, 2007
        What a shame... Even more land paved over never to be grass again 8-(

        42 acres with much less wildlife, far fewer birds and many fewer wild
        flowers. And this is progress ?

        Personally, I'd have put up with the altitude restrictions.

        Dave - "Altitiude Enforcement Officer"
        (whose new address is dcannell@...)
        --
        On Sun, 31 Dec 2006, Cheryl Lucas wrote:

        > The local news has been airing a story stating that the Griswold Airport (next to Hammonasset State Park) is closing as of midnight tonight.
        No more planes buzzing the beach and flying fields, no restricted flying fields!!!!
        Here's the link
        http://www.nbc30.com/news/10636887/detail.html?taf=har

        Happy New Year!
        cheryl