[connectikiters] Re: Another excuse to fly

  • Hayden1009@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 29, 1999
      In a message dated 7/28/99, 11:26:42 PM, connectikiters@egroups.com writes:
      <<Walnut Beach Festival. ... I was asked if we could put some kites in the
      air.
      Also, the "Great American Sand Sculpture" contest will be held on the beach
      itself, about 2 blocks away, and the Laurel Beach Association is celebrating
      100 years about a 1/2 mile in the other direction. (There's
      supposed to be food for exhibitors).
      Times:
      Walnut Beach Fest: 10:00 AM till 7:00 PM, kites from 1:00 till 4:00.
      Sand castles: 11:30 till 4:00
      Laurel Beach: Probably members only

      How to get there: I95 to exit 34, right at end of ramp (Rt. 1, Post Rd),
      3 lights to Naugatuck Ave. (bottom of hill), left on Naugatuck Ave to end,
      SC on left.>>

      Sounds like fun, unfortunately Mark & I will be at a kite building workshop
      in Pennsylvania that weekend. I hope someone else joines you; just don't
      crash kites into the sand castles or some people might not enjoy the kites.
      ;^)

      Alice