Southern New England Kite Championships

  • Forrest Cary
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 22, 2006

      Hi all

      I would like to thank all those who helped and participated in the first Southern New England Kite Championships. Scores are posted on the web page http://members.cox.net/forrest-cary/final.htm and have been submitted, sorry for the delay.

      I would again like to thank all those who helped, Donna Holcombe who made all the phone calls and setup all the sponsors and vendors. Joe Tracarico who spent a day in the rain with us setting up on Friday and keep all the field and safety issues not an issue all weekend. Scott Weider who keep stunt kite running and the novice seminar running all weekend, and I think I can still here him on the pa. Glenn Davidson who took a vague idea I had for a festival field and turn it into Rok lesson, fighter kite lessons, and all kinds of audience participation. Paul Berard who keep the sky full of single lines in the big field all weekend. Jay nunez who made it up from FL. Patty Tinkham “ the novice fliers best friend”. All those who judged and helped with setup and breakdown. Thanks again.

      As an organizer I can always see the places to improve, and I have already started on next year. This year we didn’t have the field set till May it made all other things run late next year we should have plenty for time to grow.

      Thanks

      Forrest Cary