August 13 cookout and potluck plans

  • Peggy Burnett
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 4, 2006
      Hi Peggy and Jim...writing from what has been a beautiful summer in South/Central Maine.

      At the annual meeting I (Peggy) said I would cook hamburg and hot dogs for the August
      kite fly. I am planning on doing that BUT if the forcast is rain or even showers then we
      are not going to drive to CT from Maine. I said I would do it and I will but not if there is
      a chance for rain.
      Now I know what some of you are saying.....remember the pouring clam bake??? And I
      will never forget the loyalty of this wonderful club that stayed and sat through that
      pouring rain and played "Ain't it a shame" and then ate the wet clam bake!!
      Hamburg and hot dogs have alot more flexibilty. Our children and my sister have made
      plans to come to Maine that weekend.............we have told them of the possiblity of us
      not being there!
      We will check "weather.com" as of Saturday Aug.12th in the morning and if there is no
      rain in the forcast then the cookout is on!!! Otherwise we will have the cookout at
      Harkness Day.
      I will send an email Saturday morning either way on if we will be at the Aug. 13th fly.
      If anyone wants to contact us in Maine the phone is 207 582 8114.
      Thanks for understanding,
      Peggy and Jim

      "Rise above with kites!"~~~~~~~~~~<>