Boston First Night 2004 Indoor Fly and Parade

  • gjkites
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 1 11:13 AM
      Sea Side Kites presentation at Boston's First Night Celebration, was a
      great success! The day started early with kite making and
      demonstrations of indoor kite flying at the Hynes Convention Center and
      ended with "Boston's First Night Grand Procession".

      The "Indoor kite flying" was viewed by thousands of spectators who were
      amazed that we were flying kites inside. As several spectators stated
      "with no fans".

      As the children decorated their indoor kites, volunteers Nancy and Bruce
      Kapsten, Roberta and William Winter and Mike and Nicole Sarauw were
      incredibly busy guiding the kids though the assembly line building their
      new kites. Between demonstrations, Adena Schutzberg, Phil Broder, John
      Ruggiero, and Jesse Kapsten helped the kids fly their new kites. Many of
      the kids were repeat kite makers from one of the many Sea Side Kites'
      kite making classes. They told us, "we still have the last kites we
      made and they fly the best of any kite we ever had"..

      Sea Side Kites proudly led the way displaying our country's colors with
      the American Eagle and the Stars and Stripes banners to the cheers of
      the thousands of spectators. Phil Broder displayed the American Eagle
      banner and the Stars & Stripes were displayed by John Riggieo, Adena
      Schutzberg, Roberta Winter, Nicole Sarauw, Gary Quinton, Mike Sarauw,
      and William Winter. The cameras were flashing, the crowd cheered and we
      were met with great applause all along the parade route.

      We would like to thank our featured indoor pilots, kite making
      volunteers and parade participants for making this, "Sea Side Kites 2nd
      Boston's First Night Indoor Kite Fly" a great event! For pictures
      please check our website www.seasidekites.com , click on "Events".

      Happy New Year to All!
      Greg and Jackie