Christmas party

  • Richard Bromley
    Message 1 of 11 , Dec 2, 2003
      Christmas is a coming-----so that means it is once again time for our annual party to be held this Sun. Dec. 7th, at HoJo's in Milford at about 11:00 AM. Remember. it is a pot luck and grab bag affair. Bring a gift and get a gift, which should be under $5. Hope you all can come as we have a few things to discuss. See you there.

    • Teri Norman
      Message 2 of 11 , Dec 4, 2003
        I won't be able to attend either, I have a previous committment. Hope all is
        well! HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL.
        The Norman Family (Teri Burnett-Norman, Sam, Ben, Becca and Daniel)

        Subject: [connectikiters] Christmas party

        Christmas is a coming-----so that means it is once again time for our annual
        party to be held this Sun. Dec. 7th, at HoJo's in Milford at about 11:00 AM.
        Remember. it is a pot luck and grab bag affair. Bring a gift and get a
        gift, which should be under $5. Hope you all can come as we have a few
        things to discuss. See you there.

        Club motto: "Just for the FUN of IT!"
        Message 3 of 11 , Oct 11, 2006
          Hi everyone,
          We need to start thinking about the Christmas party. I have been talking
          to different members and they would like to see us go back to Hj's for a
          pot luck. It would give us more time to visit without taking up tables
          and being in the way of people trying to get their food or find a table.
          Going back to Hj's we can have a grab bag gift exchange which some of
          the members would like to do again.
          We need everyones thoughts on this.
          Lets get a discussion started. We need to get a room soon.
          Maggie
        • Martha Enright
          Message 4 of 11 , Oct 11, 2006
            Bob & Martha are all for it. We would have an old time pot luck that I know
            everyone really enjoyed and we use to play a party game that Peggy
            introduced to us had and a fun trying to figure it out. I do hope we go back
            to Hj's. It was easier to mingle too. I'll make the reservations if someone
            will tell me who I have to contact. But we better get this going right away
            before the rooms we use are taken for other Christmas parties.
            We need to start thinking about the Christmas party. I have been talking
            to different members and they would like to see us go back to Hj's for a
            pot luck. It would give us more time to visit without taking up tables
            and being in the way of people trying to get their food or find a table.
            Going back to Hj's we can have a grab bag gift exchange which some of
            the members would like to do again.
            We need everyones thoughts on this.
            Lets get a discussion started. We need to get a room soon.
            Maggie

            ConnectiKITERS© Club motto: "Just for the FUN of IT!"
            Yahoo! Groups Links
          • deepwoods1965
            Message 5 of 11 , Oct 11, 2006
              Hello all , I agree with Maggie, I think it would be best for
              everyone to have a space of our own instead of taking up a section of a
              resturant.

              Always thinking is that Maggie !

              What do the rest of you think? Dave.
              --- In connectikiters@yahoogroups.com, Maggie Engvall <maggiekite@...>
              wrote:

              > Hi everyone,
              > We need to start thinking about the Christmas party. I have been
              talking
              > to different members and they would like to see us go back to Hj's for
              > pot luck. It would give us more time to visit without taking up tables
              > and being in the way of people trying to get their food or find a
              table.
              > Going back to Hj's we can have a grab bag gift exchange which some of
              > the members would like to do again.
              > We need everyones thoughts on this.
              > Lets get a discussion started. We need to get a room soon.
              > Maggie

            • Peggy Burnett
              Message 6 of 11 , Oct 12, 2006
                As far as I know it would work for us!!
                Martha you would call HOJOs and ask to speak to someone about reserving the rooms in the back. Also ask for Coffee and Tea - we will have to pay for it - but it is worth it.
                Jim and I will bring the paper goods. It works best if everyone brings their own beverages. Sunday is a better day then Saturday......Maybe Dec.3  ??
                "Ain't it a shame" seems to work for the August fly so maybe just a grab bag. If you bring a gift you get a gift!
                These are suggestions - from past parties.
                Maggie--thanks for starting the ball rolling.
                Peggy

                "Rise above with kites!"~~~~~~~~~~<>
              • Richard Bromley
                Message 7 of 11 , Oct 26, 2006
                  I would like to get a count on how many members will be attending our party on Dec. 3rd at Ho-Jo's.
                  Please respond.
                  Good Winds... Richard Bromley
                • Bob Halapin
                  Message 8 of 11 , Nov 3, 2006
                    Hi Richard,

                    Tom H will be joining the party :)!!

                    Smile and Enjoy

                    Tom

                    Message 9 of 11 , Dec 8, 2010
                      Sunday is the day for the party. We really need to know if you are coming.
                      It will be in the auditorium at Masonicare Health Center, 22 Masonic Ave, Wallingford CT 06492.

                      Directions

                      From Route 15 South

                      Wilbur Cross Parkway (Route 15) to Exit 65; left at end of ramp to traffic light. At traffic light, take a right into the property. Go through the grounds to the main entrance and front parking lot.

                      From Route 15 North

                      Wilbur Cross Parkway (Route 15) Take Exit 65 off the parkway. Take a left at the end of the exit ramp. Take a left at the traffic light onto Hall Avenue. Take another left at the next traffic light onto the Masonicare campus. Go straight up the hill and park in the Visitor's Parking lot in front of Masonicare Health Center.

                      From I-91 North

                      I-91 to take Exit 13 (a left exit); go left at end of ramp and then take immediate first right at light onto Toelles Road. Turn right at end of Toelles Road onto Hartford Turnpike. At the third light, turn left and Masonicare Health Center is on the left. Visitor parking lot is located in the front of the hospital.

                      From I-91 South

                      I-91 to Exit 17 - Wilbur Cross Parkway South (Route 15) to Exit 65; left at end of ramp to traffic light. At traffic light, take a right into the property. Go through the grounds to the main entrance and front parking lot.

                      From I-84 West: Waterbury

                      I-84 to Route 691; take exit for Wilbur Cross Parkway and I-91 South. Follow directions for Wilbur Cross Parkway south, above.

                      From New London Area

                      Route 9 North into Middletown; take Route 66 West. Follow through town until signs for I-91/Route 15. Take Route 15 (Wilbur Cross Parkway) South into Wallingford. Take Exit 65; left at end of ramp to traffic light. At traffic light, take a right into the property. Go through the grounds to the main entrance and front parking lot.

                      This is the same place we have had the party and workshops the last few years.

                      I have
                      Martha and Bob
                      Cheryl Lucas..................Chip, dip, veggies
                      Dick and Jackie..............potato salad
                      Joe F................................Dessert
                      Gary and Maggie...........Chili and cornbread
                      Larry, Kris and Helene...Sweet Noodle Kugel
                      Richard

                      I don't know who else Richard has heard from. I may have missed some one. Please let us know.

                      Maggie Engvall
                      AKA Region One Director
                      The American Kitefliers Association
                    • Rocfighter@sbcglobal.net
                      Message 10 of 11 , Dec 8, 2010
                        I think I will be bringing a casserole.

                        Message 11 of 11 , Nov 1, 2014
                          Hi, Everyone,
                          We are looking for a new place to have the Christmas party.
                          The Masonicare is booked for the dates we wanted it and the following week.

                          If anyone has a place we may be able to have the Christmas party please
                          let me know.

                          Maggie Engvall