[connectikiters] New Kite event in CT

  • N1KHB@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 29, 2002
      Hello fellow Connectikiters,
      I usually keep my mouth shut about most things, but I must offer the
      following as a caution. To consider accepting an invitation by a sponsor such
      as the Million Mom group one should consider certain facts. The Million Moms
      are a political organization. Though on the surface they may seem harmless
      enough, their main purpose is to act as a lobbyist for legislation that tends
      to have a decidedly left wing (spelled liberal) complexion. So, if any group
      accepts an invitation from MM's or any other political group, their presence
      can be construed as an alignment with the host group's politics.
      The person posting the MM notice on this reflector probably did so quite
      innocently and without realizing the implications. And I do hope that my
      response is taken in the spirit of nothing more than due caution. Maybe you
      like MM's politics, maybe you don't. Just be sure of what it is that you are
      supporting. If it's the Red Cross or Boy/Girl Scouts or the Cancer Society or
      March of Dimes or any similar organizations then of course, go for it. But I
      for one would think twice about helping a group that has a political agenda
      just so that I might have an excuse to fly a kite in front of some
      spectators. Thanks for listening.

      Joe Wonoski