Donation to AKA from Newport Kite Festival

  • highflyra@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 31 7:10 PM
      I am pleased to announce that High Flyers Flight Company will present a
      $1,000 donation to the AKA at the Convention in Billings! We were able to
      raise these funds with the help of our sponsors and individuals who supported
      this year's Newport Kite Festival.
      In addition, we will sponsor the Novice Line Touch Fighter Kite category
      in the name of Mike Coons, this year's Fighter Kite Champion. Lam Hoac and
      Scott Weider will have their convention registration fee paid for as they
      were the Champions in the KiteMaking and Sport Kite Categories. These
      sponsorships will be in addition to our annual sponsorship of two convention
      categories, Novice Kitemaking and Masters Team Precision.

      Steve Santos - Event Coordinator, Reg 1 AKA Director, VP High Flyers Flight
      Co.
    • Johnna Doyle
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 7, 2001
        Steve, congrats on such a great event and the ability to sponsor so many
        people and events. You and Sue are definately helping to grow this sport
        and industry. Thanks again for all the hard work you and Sue do -

        Johnna Doyle

      • highflyra@aol.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 7, 2001
          dkbreezin@... writes:

          << Thanks again for all the hard work you and Sue do - >>

          Johnna,
          Thanks a bunch to you as well! I'm not sure if we ever told you but your
          father has heard our story, we started being active in kiting after we bought
          our first two Dyna-kites back in 1985. They were our first stunt kites and
          we started flying them together as a pairs team out at breton Point. We had
          no idea than that team flying existed as a sport. We just loved to fly our
          Dynakites together. Well, as you know this lead to the evolution of the High
          Flyers Flight Team, the Company, etc. If not for your father's Dyna-Kite
          and your family's dedication to kiting, we wouldn't be where we are today!
          Thanks a bunch to you and your father!
          steve