Wedding Fly...June 17th

  • carlosst@webtv.net
    Message 1 of 2 , May 31, 2001
      Hi To All from Dorothy & myself, YES the Wedding AND the Fly are still
      on.The official schedule will run from 10:00 AM to 9:00 PM (The
      mosquitoes have requested a nite fly) !0:00 to 12:00 will be for a free
      fly. At 12:00 noon Mr Andy Selzer will run a Fighter Kite competition.
      Novice an experienced flyers. Bring your Fighters and sign up to
      "Fight". Also at 12:00 Mr Paul Berard will be making Kites for children
      of all ages. At 2:00 The "HOT TRICKS SHOOTOUT "Jumps off" Please come as
      early as possible The Parking lot will fill up early if the weather is
      good. Late comers will have to park in the Ferry terminal parking lot
      and walk back to the field over Liberty Walk.We will have people in the
      lots to help direct you.They will leave when the Wedding Party
      arrives.The Wedding Party "should".. be in the park by 1:30 pm. The
      arrival of the WP will touch off a series of events traditionally linked
      to Weddings. ( The bouquet, the Garter,the Toast,Cutting of the Kosher
      Cake, first dance..etc ) At 3:00 Mr Glenn Davison will present a
      workshop featuring a miniature Butterfly Kite. As you arrive you will be
      asked to sign a Guest book and a volunteer list for things like....give
      flying lessons, ( we have Kites gracously loaned by KONE & my friends at
      TORI TAKO ) Give demo's, There will be a number of non-flyers for us to
      infect with the Kiting bug. Lets not miss this opportunity. Kite making
      ,flying lessons,demo's will go on until 4:30 PM. At 4:40 there will be
      an Award or two ,for something or other!!!. at 5:15 there will be a mass
      ascension of Delta's led by the Bride's Kite. At 5:15 pm WE will clean
      up the area and take down the large shelters. If the unspeakable
      happens, we have toys for "no wind" games.bring your favorite to share
      an hope you don't.Please bring chairs, canopies and tables if you have
      them, we may not need them all.......BUT We are supplying: Cups,
      Plates, Napkins, Plastic utensils,Table clothes,variety of soda, Apple &
      Cranberry juice,Poland Springs water. With the arrival of the Wedding
      Party we will serve "Real Food". Our vegetarian friends will not be
      forgotten. Also the Wedding Cake will be Kosher. Bring "Snack Food"` to
      Tide you over till the REAL eating starts. If you like Please bring a
      dish to Share. At least one person will eat it..... :>) We will be
      heating food, so you can bring something that needs heating..We will
      have trash cans for garbage and recyclables,pease help us keep and leave
      the area neat. Please RSVP as soon as possible. Those of you who have
      already responded need not do so again. Those of you who have
      not...........Please, do so ASAP. That' it for now Anything i left out
      will be in the next e-mail.
      God Bless. Charles and Dorothy
    • Glen Bertholf
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 6, 2001
        A recent message from Charles and Dorothy received via the Connectikiters
        message board asked for RSVPs from those planning to attend the Liberty Park
        wedding fly on June 17th.

        I'm not sure whether those RSVPs should be directed back through Connectikiters,
        but we wish to say that we expect to attend and are willing to help as may be
        needed. If the RSVPs should be directed to a different email address, please
        advise.

        Looking forward to the day,

        Glen & Edna Bertholf
        bertholf@...