      From: "Sue highflyrb@... [NE_kite]" <NE_kite@yahoogroups.com>
      Date: June 21, 2014 at 9:51:57 PM EDT
      To: "NE-kite@yahoogroups.com" <NE_kite@yahoogroups.com>
      Subject: [NE_kite] The Newport Kite Festival

      Hi All!

      The Newport Kite Festival is being held the weekend of July 12 & 13, 2014.  As done in the past we are scheduling demonstrations throughout  each day.  If you are interested in doing a demo please contact me with which day/days you will be attending and what type of demo you want to do.

      Our main objective is to entertain the spectators who line the festival field for the 4 hour stretch of demo time which runs from 12:00 a 4:00.  There will be a demonstrator's flight meeting on Saturday morning (and Sunday if necessary) at which time you will be given a printed schedule with times and flight orders and you can give us your music if applicable.

      There will be a roped off area in middle field for the folks with the big kites and Ron is working on getting some sound in the middle field as well.

      The state of RI, in it's infinite wisdom, has started renovating the Fisherman's Memorial which has eliminated a lot of parking spaces as of last weekend and we seriously doubt the construction will be completed before the festival.  I can email the file for this years parking pass to anyone who wants it.  You can print it and you will have access to pull into the park behind the ranger station and park back there.

      You can contact me at Highflyrb@....

      Thanks!
      Sue

      Sent from my iPad