re: Hi

  • itsmebev2001
    Message 1 of 8 , May 2, 2011
      thank you Gail .
      And sorry about the spelling I can change the spelling of most any word any time. I'm not good at spelling
    • Gjhilliard@aol.com
      Message 2 of 8 , May 3, 2011
        Bev, Don't apologize on the spelling. I just thought it was funny! Of
        course, no one has ever explained how James O'Donnell from Canada came to Maine
        and became James O'Donal. In the family Bible, the first five children born
        in Nova Scotia has the O'Donnell spelling, the five born in Maine the
        O'Donal. The closest explanation I ever received, was from a gal from Ireland,
        who speaks fluent Gaelic, and took four years of it in College. She said,
        the O'Donal spelling is how it was spelled in Gaelic. Or as she said, "in
        the Irish". I am still fascinated that the Ell's came to Mass. in 1637,
        then, went to homestead in Nova Scotia in 1760, so, we had relatives on both
        sides of the Revolution. Will you be in Vermont for Memorial Weekend? My
        granddaughter will be married on the 4th of June, so, expect to be in N.H. the
        last week of May. Gail

      • itsmebev2001
        Message 3 of 8 , May 4, 2011
          not sure about Memorial weekend. depends on what my son &
          daughter-in-law are doing for our granddaughters birthday . She will be
          12 so she might even have her own plans !! I'll let ya know.Does your
          granddaughter live in NH?

        • Gjhilliard@aol.com
          Message 4 of 8 , May 5, 2011
            Bev, Sarah, my Granddaughter lives in Thornton N. H. she will be a Junior
            in the fall at Plymouth State. She can't be talked out of waiting to get
            married until she finishes college. She is having a very small wedding in
            Waterville Valley, the next town to me. gail