Re: Closing Down

  • Bill Zardus
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 1, 2009
      This moderator announced in May he was going into the
      hospital for an operation and that was the last
      message he ever posted.

      Is everything OK with him ?

      I was just looking at the links section of this
      group and a lot of the links have nothing to do
      with Connecticut and most people would consider
      them to be SPAM.

      WRZ

      --- In connecticutfriends@yahoogroups.com,

      "Sam" <slaminsam10@...> wrote:

      > I'll be off the computer for a couple of weeks, I'm
      > going into the hospital for double knee replacement.
      > The hospital will be a couple of days, but the rehab
      > is for 10 - 14 days. So if any of you other moderators
      > would care to post or change the picture once in a while,
      > just jump right in there. Don't be bashful!

      > Still SLAMIN

    • Grit
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 1, 2009
        Where have you been?

        "Sam" <slaminsam10@...> wrote:

        > I'll be off the computer for a couple of weeks, I'm
        > going into the hospital for double knee replacement.
        > The hospital will be a couple of days, but the rehab
        > is for 10 - 14 days. So if any of you other moderators
        > would care to post or change the picture once in a while,
        > just jump right in there. Don't be bashful!

        > Still SLAMIN

      • captainjrff
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 1, 2009
          Read the opening statement, next to the picture.
          "Description
          Not since our begining on April 24, 1999 has the club description been
          changed or altered in any way.
          Until today.
          It is with deepest regret that the Archer family announces the passing
          of SlamminSam, one of our Club Moderators. Sam will be missed by many.
          His family is in our thoughts and prayers. Since he was so active in
          keeping our club going on a regular basis, I hope we can all keep him
          in our hearts and minds and keep his memory alive forever. Thanks,
          Les Jr. aka Snorgg"

          Thanks for inquiring though.
          Kevin Archer, nephew of SlamminSam. Son of Snorgg. Grandson of
          SportsMan. Related to most others here!
        • Grit
          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 1, 2009
            Kevin - Nice to see some of us are still out there.

            Happy New Year to all the clan.

            Grit