Where to live in CT?

  • Nicole
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 9 7:13 PM
      Ok here is a question for the CT folk. If one were to work in
      Stamford, CT where would be a good place to live. Something not to
      expensive but somewhere safe for a family with a 19 month old.
      Looking for an apartment initially and maybe buying a home down the
      line. And Matt would prefer to not have to drive 2 hours each way.
      So does anyone know around an hour or less away like this. Matt is
      interviewing next week and hopefully find something out soon.

      Thanks for the help
      Niki
    • snorgg
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 10 2:05 PM
        Nichole and Matt:
        Anywhere between Greenwich and Bridgeport-a-rico is going to be
        big dollars. Greenwich is one of Connecticut's "premier" cities, whith
        most homes being actual mansions. You would need to move north of
        Stanford to make life more affordable. This is not to say that you
        couldn't find a nice affordable place is Darien, or in that area.
        Danbury is only 20 mile away.
        New Milford is 33 miles away
        Southbury is 30 miles, which is 12 miles from little Matt.
        So you see, there are many area's that are suitable, it just depends on
        how much you want to pay for housing, and what type of enviroment your
        looking for.
        Love to all,
        Les
      • Nicole
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 10 3:57 PM
          Matt told me to ask. We are being told to stay away from Danbury and
          Waterbury and that New Milford is going to be to expensive. It was
          to late to call you so Matt told me to post on her to see what you
          guys had to say. What about Naugatuck? We have been looking up
          apartments so maybe Matt can take a look at some while he is up there
          but we just don't know where to look really. We just want something
          affordable and friendly. Somewhere it will be ok for Meredith to go
          outside and play. Family friendly, if that helps.

          Niki (and Matt)

          --- In connecticutfriends@yahoogroups.com, snorgg <no_reply@...>
          wrote:

          > Nichole and Matt:
          > Anywhere between Greenwich and Bridgeport-a-rico is going to
          be
          > big dollars. Greenwich is one of Connecticut's "premier" cities,
          whith
          > most homes being actual mansions. You would need to move north of
          > Stanford to make life more affordable. This is not to say that you
          > couldn't find a nice affordable place is Darien, or in that area.
          > Danbury is only 20 mile away.
          > New Milford is 33 miles away
          > Southbury is 30 miles, which is 12 miles from little Matt.
          > So you see, there are many area's that are suitable, it just
          depends on
          > how much you want to pay for housing, and what type of enviroment
          your
          > looking for.
          > Love to all,
          > Les

        • Nicole
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 10 6:47 PM
            Not that we don't want your suggestions because we need them just in
            case we do make it up that way. I just wanted to share what others
            are telling us. Any help and suggestions are welcome and appreciated.

            --- In connecticutfriends@yahoogroups.com, "Nicole" <sun_angel26@...>