RE: [Connecticut Friends] Who'll Stop The Rain?

  • Maher, Melody
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 1, 2004
      Yes, it is raining still in CT. April showers bring May flowers, right? We should be overflowing with flowers this spring. (That is, if they can grow in the swamp that used to be my yard.) Time for me to paddle my boat to work now.
      :)
      Mel

      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 1, 2004
        It's supposed to snow on Monday.......Mel, you have to dance
        harder to keep it just rain. I'll keep Dude distracted while you do
        the warm weather dance........NO MORE SNOW!!!! I'm tired of big
        sweaters and heavy coats and boots! I want to wear T-Shits,
        capris and little shoes!!!!

        Take Care =)
        Darcy
      • Linda .
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 1, 2004
          Hey Mel..are you the weatherman Dr. Mel? LOL. According to him we were about 5" short of water this year before these rains came, so they are needed. Think of it as watering the plants, washing the cars, etc. It's been than ice and sleet, etc.

          Geoff Fox mentioned snow last night, but Dr. Mel didn't today, so maybe it won't happen.

          Don't forget folks, the clocks go ahead 1 hour this weekend. Yipes. I just remembered it's my brother's anniversary today! (I need a scorecard to keep track.) ...Linda H.

            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 1, 2004
              OK Sam
              go ahead rub it in,,, your day will come, funny I think the weater man said it was going to get a bit chilly down there too ????
              ;)
              Janet

              Message 6 of 6 , Apr 5, 2004
                Hi Linda. Dr Mel is a good guy, but I don't think I'm him. :) I do have a problem, though, with weathermen saying we're x amount of precipitation short when the river flowing near my house looks like the rapids of the Colorado River! When my backyard is a swamp instead of a lawn, we've had enough! LOL. I say we ship any extra rain from now on to the West where they're complaining about how dry it is.

                Yes, I live in New England and should know better than to complain about the weather. And, I totally agree with you - rain is MUCH better than snow, sleet and ice. I think I see some springlike weather around the corner.
                :)
                Mel

                < http://rd.yahoo.com/SIG=12c4c9eqg/M=267637.4673019.5833256.1261774/D=eg <http://rd.yahoo.com/SIG=12c4c9eqg/M=267637.4673019.5833256.1261774/D=eg>

                < http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=267637.4673019.5833256.1261774/D=egrou <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=267637.4673019.5833256.1261774/D=egrou>