Templates for using web fonts - FrathWiki

  • Pete Bleackley
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 13, 2014
      I thought that it would be useful to create some templates on FrathWiki to make it easier to use conscripts.

      http://www.frathwiki.com/Templates_for_using_web_fonts

      --
      Pete
      The Fantastical Devices of Pete The Mad Scientist - http://fantasticaldevices.blogspot.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 13, 2014
        Regarding the webfont template:

        doesn't that style element end up inside the body element? Is that even
        legal HTML?

        The conscript t
      • George Marques de Jesus
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 13, 2014

          > Regarding the webfont template:
          >
          > doesn't that style element end up inside the body element? Is that even
          > legal HTML?

          With the "scoped" attribute, the "style" tag valid inside the body, and
          applies to the parent element (this in HTML5). Documentation:
          http://www.w3.org/TR/html51/document-metadata.html#attr-style-scoped

          George Marques
        • J. 'Mach' Wust
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 13, 2014
            On Thu, 13 Mar 2014 13:08:17 +0000, Pete Bleackley wrote:

            >I thought that it would be useful to create some templates on
            >FrathWiki to make it easier to use conscripts.
            >
            >http://www.frathwiki.com/Templates_for_using_web_fonts

            I am amazed! What a pity that there is no demonstration yet (or is
            there?).

            And once again, Firefox leading in advanced typography (though
            admittedly, it is not its typographic capacities that allow this
            template). Now you can program a really complex font using SIL
            Graphite, embed that font on FrathWiki, and then view it with Firefox.

            --
            grĂ¼ess
            mach
            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 14, 2014
              It turns out that MediaWiki templates sanitize HTML, leading to the style tag being displayed as a code sample, rather than executed. Any suggestions for a fix?