Glyphr for creating fonts

  • Gleki Arxokuna
    Message 1 of 12 , Mar 12, 2014
      A free tool for creating fonts.
      http://glyphrstudio.com/

      It can work even offline (the whole thing is just a single html file),
      cross-platform. Allows creating and modifying a unified style of all
      characters at once (Define a shape once, like an 'o', and re-use it across
      many characters, like 'bdgpq'.) etc.
    • Daniel Bowman
      Message 2 of 12 , Mar 12, 2014
        Thanks for passing this along, I'm excited to give it a try!

        > A free tool for creating fonts.
        > http://glyphrstudio.com/
        >
        > It can work even offline (the whole thing is just a single html file),
        > cross-platform. Allows creating and modifying a unified style of all
        > characters at once (Define a shape once, like an 'o', and re-use it across
        > many characters, like 'bdgpq'.) etc.

      • BPJ
        Message 3 of 12 , Mar 12, 2014
          2014-03-12 09:24, Gleki Arxokuna skrev:
          > A free tool for creating fonts.
          > http://glyphrstudio.com/
          >
          > It can work even offline (the whole thing is just a single html file),
          > cross-platform. Allows creating and modifying a unified style of all
          > characters at once (Define a shape once, like an 'o', and re-use it across
          > many characters, like 'bdgpq'.) etc.

          ASCII only? In 2014?

          That and a pair of hands which can handle Beziers and I'm set...

          /bpj
        • Gleki Arxokuna
          Message 4 of 12 , Mar 12, 2014
            This is a non-problem given the editable nature of Glyphr.

            > 2014-03-12 09:24, Gleki Arxokuna skrev:
            >
            > A free tool for creating fonts.
            >> http://glyphrstudio.com/
            >>
            >> It can work even offline (the whole thing is just a single html file),
            >> cross-platform. Allows creating and modifying a unified style of all
            >> characters at once (Define a shape once, like an 'o', and re-use it across
            >> many characters, like 'bdgpq'.) etc.
            >>

            > ASCII only? In 2014?
            >
            > That and a pair of hands which can handle Beziers and I'm set...
            >
            > /bpj

          • Garth Wallace
            Message 5 of 12 , Mar 12, 2014
              In other words, you have to learn Python and code it yourself? That
              doesn't sound like a non-problem to me.

              On Wed, Mar 12, 2014 at 7:19 AM, Gleki Arxokuna
              <gleki.is.my.name@...> wrote:
              > This is a non-problem given the editable nature of Glyphr.

              >> 2014-03-12 09:24, Gleki Arxokuna skrev:
              >>
              >> A free tool for creating fonts.
              >>> http://glyphrstudio.com/
              >>>
              >>> It can work even offline (the whole thing is just a single html file),
              >>> cross-platform. Allows creating and modifying a unified style of all
              >>> characters at once (Define a shape once, like an 'o', and re-use it across
              >>> many characters, like 'bdgpq'.) etc.
              >>>

              >> ASCII only? In 2014?
              >>
              >> That and a pair of hands which can handle Beziers and I'm set...
              >>
              >> /bpj

            • Gleki Arxokuna
              Message 6 of 12 , Mar 12, 2014
                HTML/javascript, not Python.

                > In other words, you have to learn Python and code it yourself? That
                > doesn't sound like a non-problem to me.
                >
                > On Wed, Mar 12, 2014 at 7:19 AM, Gleki Arxokuna
                > <gleki.is.my.name@...> wrote:
                > > This is a non-problem given the editable nature of Glyphr.

                > >> 2014-03-12 09:24, Gleki Arxokuna skrev:
                > >>
                > >> A free tool for creating fonts.

                > across
                > >>>

                > >> ASCII only? In 2014?
                > >>
                > >> That and a pair of hands which can handle Beziers and I'm set...
                > >>
                > >> /bpj

              • Garth Wallace
                Message 7 of 12 , Mar 13, 2014
                  Okay, now I'm confused. What exactly do you have to edit to make it
                  access other ranges in Unicode?

                  On Wed, Mar 12, 2014 at 10:58 PM, Gleki Arxokuna
                  <gleki.is.my.name@...> wrote:
                  > HTML/javascript, not Python.

                  >> In other words, you have to learn Python and code it yourself? That
                  >> doesn't sound like a non-problem to me.
                  >>
                  >> On Wed, Mar 12, 2014 at 7:19 AM, Gleki Arxokuna
                  >> <gleki.is.my.name@...> wrote:
                  >> > This is a non-problem given the editable nature of Glyphr.

                  >> across

                • Gleki Arxokuna
                  Message 8 of 12 , Mar 13, 2014
                    don't tell me that you need the whole Unicode. How many letters in your
                    alphabet? Do you have capitals? Are your letters have correspondencies in
                    Unicode? If it's an alienlang unpronouncable by humans then it's better to
                    map letters to ASCII (otherwise how would you enter it?)

                    > Okay, now I'm confused. What exactly do you have to edit to make it
                    > access other ranges in Unicode?
                    >
                    > On Wed, Mar 12, 2014 at 10:58 PM, Gleki Arxokuna
                    > <gleki.is.my.name@...> wrote:
                    > > HTML/javascript, not Python.

                    > >> In other words, you have to learn Python and code it yourself? That
                    > >> doesn't sound like a non-problem to me.

                    > file),
                    > >> across

                  • Garth Wallace
                    Message 9 of 12 , Mar 13, 2014
                      On Thu, Mar 13, 2014 at 9:45 AM, Gleki Arxokuna
                      <gleki.is.my.name@...> wrote:
                      > don't tell me that you need the whole Unicode. How many letters in your
                      > alphabet? Do you have capitals? Are your letters have correspondencies in
                      > Unicode? If it's an alienlang unpronouncable by humans then it's better to
                      > map letters to ASCII (otherwise how would you enter it?)

                      Of course you don't need to use the entirety of Unicode. That's
                      impossible anyway. But it's hardly out of the question that you'd need
                      access to, say, the Latin Extended-B range for example. Or the
                      Combining Diacritic Marks. When it comes to using diacritics,
                      conlangers are probably second only to heavy metal bands.

                      And if you're making an original script, you should be using the
                      Private Use Area. That's what it's for.
                    • taliesin the storyteller
                      Message 10 of 12 , Mar 13, 2014
                        On 03/13/2014 06:03 PM, Garth Wallace wrote:
                        > When it comes to using diacritics, conlangers are probably second
                        > only to heavy metal bands.

                        Quote of the week!

                        *adds to quotes-file*

                        t.
                      • Adam Walker
                        Message 11 of 12 , Mar 13, 2014
                          LIKE!

                          Adam

                          On Thu, Mar 13, 2014 at 1:46 PM, taliesin the storyteller <
                          taliesin-conlang@...> wrote:

                          > On 03/13/2014 06:03 PM, Garth Wallace wrote:
                          >
                          >> When it comes to using diacritics, conlangers are probably second
                          >> only to heavy metal bands.
                          >>

                          > Quote of the week!
                          >
                          > *adds to quotes-file*
                          >

                          > t.

                        • Sylvia Sotomayor
                          Message 12 of 12 , Mar 13, 2014
                            Héy! I rĕsëmble thàt rēmârk!

                            --
                            Sylvia Sotomayor

                            The sooner I fall behind the more time I have to catch up.