Really good examples of conlangs online?

  • taliesin the storyteller
    Message 1 of 41 , Mar 10, 2014
      I'm writing grammar again, and went on an online stroll to see how other
      conlangers had covered such and so niggly grammatical detail or other.
      Boy is there a lot of (seeming) sketches out there! Is it because the
      language itself is not complete or because what's online is just the tip
      of the iceberg?

      That got me to thinking: 1) What does it really mean for a conlang to be
      complete? 2) Are there any complete conlangs online, and by that I mean
      that what is online is all you need? 3) What are the most complete
      (online) conlangs out there, that others can emulate?

      The most complete I've found, to date, are those amazing pdfs of Okuna.
      Are there more like that? And not as a pdf, but as sites?

      t.
    • Jim Henry
      Message 41 of 41 , Mar 12, 2014
        On Wed, Mar 12, 2014 at 8:38 AM, Jim Henry <jimhenry1973@...> wrote:
        > The latter seems to be the current edition. Also, there's this, an
        > anthology of original and translated texts in Sandic along with the
        > dictionary:

        Aaron suggests (in private email) that if you want to buy one of the
        paperbacks, you wait until April, when he generally puts a new edition
        up on Lulu.

        --
        Jim Henry
        http://www.pobox.com/~jimhenry/