OT: How the Grinch Stole Grammar / How languages sound

  • Sapthan
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 5 10:25 AM
      Someone shared this link with me. I rather enjoyed it, and thought to share
      it here *ducks*

      http://stroppyeditor.wordpress.com/2014/03/04/how-the-grinch-stole-grammar/

      This one is a video of a girl showing what other languages sound like to
      her. I have had little contact with most of them, and to me her
      interpretation sounds about right in most cases.

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ybcvlxivscw

      Ayam.

      --
      Nac Mac Feegle! Wee Free Men!
      Nae King! Nae Quin! Nae Laird! Nae Master!
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 5 11:10 AM
        Even funnier:
        http://stroppyeditor.wordpress.com/2012/09/04/the-very-model-of-an-amateur-grammarian/

        On Wed, Mar 5, 2014 at 10:25 AM, Sapthan <sapthan@...> wrote:

        > Someone shared this link with me. I rather enjoyed it, and thought to share
        > it here *ducks*
        >
        > http://stroppyeditor.wordpress.com/2014/03/04/how-the-grinch-stole-grammar/
        >
        > This one is a video of a girl showing what other languages sound like to
        > her. I have had little contact with most of them, and to me her
        > interpretation sounds about right in most cases.
        >
        > http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ybcvlxivscw
        >
        > Ayam.
        >
        > --
        > Nac Mac Feegle! Wee Free Men!
        > Nae King! Nae Quin! Nae Laird! Nae Master!
        > We Willna Be Fooled Again!

      • Guilherme Santos
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 5 1:31 PM
          About the video, if what she's speaking when it says "Portuguese" really is
          Portuguese there is something severely wrong with it, as i have absolutely
          no idea what she's speaking (i'm from Brazil), and her Japanese
          pronunciation is really odd, i think stress (pitch, rather) is placed
          mostly wrong.

          > Even funnier:
          >
          > http://stroppyeditor.wordpress.com/2012/09/04/the-very-model-of-an-amateur-grammarian/
          >

          > On Wed, Mar 5, 2014 at 10:25 AM, Sapthan <sapthan@...> wrote:
          >
          > > Someone shared this link with me. I rather enjoyed it, and thought to
          > share
          > > it here *ducks*
          > >

          > http://stroppyeditor.wordpress.com/2014/03/04/how-the-grinch-stole-grammar/
          > >
          > > This one is a video of a girl showing what other languages sound like to
          > > her. I have had little contact with most of them, and to me her
          > > interpretation sounds about right in most cases.
          > >
          > > http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ybcvlxivscw
          > >
          > > Ayam.
          > >
          > > --
          > > Nac Mac Feegle! Wee Free Men!
          > > Nae King! Nae Quin! Nae Laird! Nae Master!
          > > We Willna Be Fooled Again!

        • Logan Kearsley
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 5 3:21 PM
            On 5 March 2014 14:31, Guilherme Santos <guimondex@...> wrote:
            > About the video, if what she's speaking when it says "Portuguese" really is
            > Portuguese there is something severely wrong with it, as i have absolutely
            > no idea what she's speaking (i'm from Brazil),

            It's not. It's just gibberish. Not "this is me speaking a bunch of
            different languages so you can hear what they sound like" but "this is
            what these languages that I do not actually know sound like to me, a
            foreigner, when I hear them".

            -l.
          • Leonardo Castro
            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 11 4:39 PM
              Yes, it's just "fake language". This guy is also good:

              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6B-g1yd23SQ

              Até mais!

              Leonardo