What is the word for digit (finger/toe) in your language?

  • Gleki Arxokuna
    Message 1 of 36 , Mar 5, 2014
      Will you please answer a quick question?

      In English the word "digit" is used seldom. More specific "finger" and
      "toe" are used instead.

      In Russian [pal'ets] (="digit (part of body)") is the only word for both
      finger and toe (and you have to resort to word combination to make it more
      clear).

      1. Is there a word for such concept in your native language or language you
      are fluent in?
      2. Is it the basic word in your language or used more seldom than words for
      finger and toe?

      I mostly have natlangs in mind at the moment: Arabic, Spanish, Portuguese,
      French, German, Mandarin, Japanese, Hindi, Urdu, Punjabi, Bengali.

      [ofc. im not stopping you from sharing other solutions like in Rikchik ;) ]
    • Leonardo Castro
      Message 36 of 36 , Mar 11, 2014
        Portuguese:
        dedo /d'edu/ : finger or toe