Fwd: Music in conlangs and conworlds. (was: THEORY: Native languages of the Americas in popular music)

  • Leonardo Castro
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 3, 2013
      2013/10/30 Padraic Brown <elemtilas@...>:
      > Leonardo Castro <leolucas1980@...> wrote:

      [...]

      > No! I am no great player of music at all! They were written, at first, at a small keyboard
      > instrument, but eventually got transferred to computer. Better playback and easier editing!
      >
      >> They remind me of RPG computer games (although I'm not a great player of them).
      >
      > Unintentional, I assure! Though I was a fan of the old Ultima games.
      >
      >> Have you considered creating a game?
      >
      > I wouldn't really know how to begin or what ought to be done!

      My own approach to learn how to create some game-like stuff* was to
      follow game programming tutorials available on the Internet. I have
      already used three combinations of softwares:

      1) Java 2D / Java 3D in NetBeans (my favorite so far)
      2) OpenGL in C++
      3) Blender

      I'm sure many people will say there are better options, and there
      might be "make your own game" softwares that are easier to use than
      programming languages.

      Maybe some people with conworlds are not interested in creating games
      but still interested in creating some graphic illustration of their
      worlds.

      * I have been developping some simulations that require features more
      commonly used in games, such as real-time graphic output and
      possibility of real-time control.

      Até mais!

      Leonardo