Re: Audio language game

  • Herman Miller
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 8 8:06 AM
      On 9/8/2013 4:14 AM, Sam Stutter wrote:
      > 850 in one attempt - but, then again "guessing what language someone speaks" has always been by unique (and utterly useless) superpower. I'd prefer my superpower to be flying, but hey.

      I've had over 1000 a couple of times, but it gets hard pretty quickly.
      My last score was 1350. I missed Turkish, Dari, and Assyrian. It would
      be interesting to see the data on which languages are mistaken for which
      other languages most often. There'd be a lot of noise from random
      guessing, though.

      If anyone is inspired to do a conlang guessing game, I've got a few
      samples you could use. Or would it be better to record new text?
    • Larry Sulky
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 8 6:01 PM
        Huh. And here I've been wishing I could trade my flying superpower for a
        language detection superpower. Isn't that always the way?!

        --
        *Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day I
        can hear her breathing. -- Arundhati Roy*