Illinois government website recognizes Klingon

  • Tony Harris
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 26, 2013
      Great news for all Klingon ex-pats living in Illinois...

      http://www.blastr.com/2013-8-26/illinois-government-website-recognizes-klingon-valid-language-really

      Of course all the Alurhsa, Itlani, Castithan, and many other groups who
      may ever have considered living in Illinois (including French speakers,
      oddly enough) are apparently out of luck, as the site is available
      apparently in Chinese, Klingon, Maltese, Polish, Russian, Spanish, and
      "Original" which apparently means "English".

      The site in question is here: http://www.ides.illinois.gov
    • Douglas Koller
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 26, 2013
        > Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2013 17:06:43 -0400
        > From: tony@...
        > Subject: Illinois government website recognizes Klingon
        > To: CONLANG@...

        > Great news for all Klingon ex-pats living in Illinois...

        > http://www.blastr.com/2013-8-26/illinois-government-website-recognizes-klingon-valid-language-really

        Beware the IDES. ;)

        Kou
      • Tony Harris
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 27, 2013
          On 08/26/2013 09:55 PM, Douglas Koller wrote:
          >> Great news for all Klingon ex-pats living in Illinois...
          >>
          >> http://www.blastr.com/2013-8-26/illinois-government-website-recognizes-klingon-valid-language-really
          > Beware the IDES. ;)
          >
          > Kou

          I can't quite resist observing that should the staff at that department
          ever all participate in a charity walk, someone could easily and rightly
          comment that one should "Beware the March of IDES"...