Re: 2 Asirkan proverbs:

  • Padraic Brown
    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 16, 2013
      Still working on these...

      In conjunction with one of these proverbs, I think I've discovered my favoritest Avantimannish
      phrase thus far:

      bôôuumdomfulle drangelez, which means a horrifically doomful and wicked sound that strikes fear
      into your heart. If there were ever onomotopoeia in the language, then the word "bôôuums", evil, is
      it. You've got that nice sinister tympani strike thing going on here, with its jarring initial stop followed by
      an overlong diphthong (please take no fewer than two or three full seconds on that one, especially when
      reciting a story or chanting a poem), flowing into a nice resonant (and rather extensible) nasal.

      Padraic