Re: OT: Web hosting services

  • C. Brickner
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 27, 2013
      >One of the services of the Language Creation Society is to provide its
      >members with free web hosting. Check
      >http://conlang.org/about-the-lcs/web-hosting/ for more details.
      >
      >Christophe Grandsire-Koevoets.

      Ǧẽẽron, ȝéxdemóónuẽs!

      I’ve been doing conlanging for several decades. I began with a pencil and a spiral notebook! Now I have a laptop. My problem is that, while I’m really great with pencil and paper, I’m not so great with a computer. I know how to use my WordPerfect, but I’m really download-shy. I went to the LCS page that Cristophes recommended. Frankly, I don’t understand the technical details on the page.
      I’d greatly appreciate it if someone would help me (privately). I’d especially like to know if my WP documents can simply be copied to my LCS website.

      súreĩĩðe,
      Charlie
    • Casey Borders
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 28, 2013
        I use DreamHost. It's a shared server but they give you a lot of
        flexibility with what you can do for a fraction of the cost of a VPS.